Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords games Slaine miniatures game pre-order second batch  (Read 5252 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Warlords games Slaine miniatures game
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »
 Ask Nick if he has the mould with the Shaman figure from this range too.Just like the one in the Warlord video standing behind the cauldron.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2022, 10:33:49 PM »
I'll only buy if the mix in with my Celtos and Lucid Eye minis
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2022, 12:23:38 AM »
Is Slaine more of a UK thing? The figures would have some potential usefulness for those who may never have heard of Slaine, but it looks as though Warlord may be aiming at the UK market.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2022, 12:55:30 AM »
More of a 2000 AD thing,if you’re a fan of Judge Dredd,Rogue Trooper or Nemesis et cetera chances are you’re a fan Slaine :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2022, 02:06:12 AM »
 2000 AD comic being a UK publication for many years now.Has loads of different main characters/story lines and such.
 So far Warlord have done two games based of the comics.Strontium Dog and Judge Dredd.Slaine will be the third and one which i have been looking forward to for so many Years now.
 If you have never read any of the stories they are highly recommended and will give you idea's for other games too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sl%C3%A1ine_(comics)

There have been some great artists work on the stories over the years.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
Is Slaine more of a UK thing?

Slaine (I think most of us pronounce it 'slain', but I seem to remember the Gaelic pronunciation should be something like 'slawnye') first appeared in 2000AD back in the 80's and was a unique story from the off, being set in the far past, in an undetermined prehistoric 'Time of Legends' in the lands that would later separate into Ireland, Britain and western France. All the other stories in 2000AD were futuristic sci-fi and there was this weird 'sword and sorcery' thing popping up, based loosely around 'Celtic' mythologies but with some wonderful original storylines built in. As Manic Miner says, they are thoroughly recommended, especially if you go through them in chronological order. There have been lots of different artists who worked on Slaine over the years, all of them creating unique flavours, and everyone will have their own taste as to which ones they like best - I won't be tempted to steer the conversation into that arena, because that's a thread in its own right, and one that must surely flame into open war!

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
(...) There have been lots of different artists who worked on Slaine over the years, all of them creating unique flavours, and everyone will have their own taste as to which ones they like best - I won't be tempted to steer the conversation into that arena, because that's a thread in its own right, and one that must surely flame into open war!

Wise words! Still, I was most pleasantly surprised in how some artists' styles, which I found and still find rather unsuited to Judge Dredd, took on a whole new level with Sláine, most notably Belardinelli and McMahon. Works absolutely superb in this mythic fantasy genre.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Warlords games Slaine miniatures game pre-order second batch
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
 Wayland games have the second set of Slaine releases up for pre-order now with 20% offeach set and 20% off the full new set that includes the free creatures set.Pretty good saving at £77.53.Got my order in now ;).