Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp! : Skirmish Adventure Wargaming  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Pulp! : Skirmish Adventure Wargaming
« on: May 18, 2022, 07:02:22 PM »
Anyone have any more info about this. I see it and thinks, Biggles
"A set of wargames rules covering heroic adventure and dastardly villains during the early 20th Century.

Enter a world of perilous adventure and explore steaming jungles, desert canyons, and arctic wastes! Brave the perils of nature and discover lost ruins, ancient treasures, and the secrets of forgotten civilizations! Race against rival adventurers and face off against diabolical villains! Take to the city streets and fight back against gangsters, spies, and sinister cults!

Pulp! is a scenario-driven skirmish wargame set during the interwar years of the early 20th Century. Players build teams of bold explorers, daring archaeologists, hardboiled detectives, and costumed avengers - or criminal masterminds and evil geniuses - and dive into a world of fortune, glory... and menace. Designed for both solo and cooperative play as well as the classic head-to-head mode, Pulp! contains all the rules needed to game globetrotting escapades in this rip-roaring era."

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pulp! : Skirmish Adventure Wargaming
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:26:25 PM »
There’s already Pulp Alley and Fistful of Lead that do pulp games just fine, and probably simpler.

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 08:39:04 PM »
I am always up for yet another set of rules and will probably buy them just to look them over.  Anyone know anything about the mechanics?

Offline frd

• Bookworm
  • 15mm of madness
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 09:20:08 PM »
I've stumbled upon the pre-order page few days ago, but couldn't find any more info.

I know the author from his youtube wargame reviews. Although his channel is more focused on the boardgame side of wargaming, I'm still excited to see what the game is like. Especially that it's designed with solo/co-op in mind. There are some really good ideas in the boardgaming side of our hobby when it comes to solo rules, and I think Marco has the expertise to bring some of that goodness to miniature side :)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 10:12:51 PM »
Link please to the Youtube channel :-D
As Bluebooks are usualy more likely nay, then yay, I want to see more first.

Offline frd

• Bookworm
  • 15mm of madness
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 10:27:12 PM »
Link please to the Youtube channel :-D
As Bluebooks are usualy more likely nay, then yay, I want to see more first.

I thought I posted the link above - it shows to me when I mouse over *youtube wargame reviews* but in case it doesn't work here's it in plain text: https://www.youtube.com/user/marcowargamer/

I will definitely want to know more about the game before buying, but I'm hoping to lift some ideas from their solo / co-op systems for my own games :)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 10:59:31 PM »
As someone who grew up on the paperback reprints of Doc Savage, the Shadow and has almost the complete set of reprints of my favorite the Spider and has a pretty comprehensive collection of the Bob Murch figures of the same I will be very interested in this, in fact they had me at solo. Thanks for the heads up on this going to have to look at some more info about it.
We haul ours to kick theirs.