Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

DBA Punic Wars.

<< < (7/7)

has.been:
Looking forward to the pictures & your comments James.

vodkafan:
GAME 4:
So as before we switched sides. I don't have many photos as this game was over so quickly!
I knew I would be fighting a defensive battle and put myself on the edge of the forest covering the main approaches. And yet I still managed to get it all wrong.

Two big blocks of legionaries. The cavalry (with the general) is far out of both command range and line of sight at the top edge of the forest. (Duh?) Before play started I had the option of swapping two bases so I switched the cavalry with the skirmishers, at the bottom edge (out of sight here). But they were just as far away and isolated.

His elephant and light troops which in the event never even entered the woods
Before I had had a chance to do much the main enemy force of heavy infantry and Gallic warband, with cavalry behind, were advancing towards my position down the road.

But my general was out of line of sight in the woods. He had spotted the Light Horse and prepared to intercept

Suddenly he was confronted by the enemy general coming from a different direction!

Without the general near, it took double points to manoeuvre even a single stand. The armies clashed!

Half of my legionaries were wasted unable to even move.  :(

The battle was soon over as my general was unable to extricate himself from his folly in the woods.

has.been:
Nice pictures James.
As Vodkafan is getting better & better with the only two DBA armies we have,
Republican Roman & Carthaginian, I decided it was urgent that I got him into
new armies. As a result our next '60 in Six' (A challenge to paint up 60 figures
in Six weeks, then play a game with them) will be DBA Ancients. he has chosen
Attila's Huns, while I opted for Goths. Wish us well.

Westbury:
Good luck.

has.been:

--- Quote ---Good luck.
--- End quote ---

Thanks Ian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version