Forum > Colonial Adventures

Sharp Practice in the Sudan (update 26 March)

(1/10) > >>

TacticalPainter:
A Sudan variant of the Too Fat Lardies' Sharp Practice rules was published in the recent 2021 Lard Magazine and I've been eager to try it out. Having enjoyed Sharp Practice for horse & musket and having tried The Men Who Would Be Kings for the Sudan I was interested to see whether Sharp Practice could deliver a good game with a suitable period feel. I played two games in quick succession, one in 15mm and one in 28mm. To be honest the scale was irrelevant, that was just a matter of circumstance, as the rules work just as well in either. I thought the variant worked very well and I'm keen to play it again. I've written a longer blog post that will give a better impression of how the various games played out which you can find here https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/2022/05/sharp-practice-in-sudan.html

MaleGriffin:
Excellent looking game! I hadn't seen a Sudan scenario!

Grumpy Gnome:
Thanks for the reports. As always a pleasure to read. Great looking games and it sounds like it was fun!

TacticalPainter:
Really enjoying how the Sharp Practice variant is working in this setting and I've been busy making more themed game aids and desert terrain. There's a long blog post that goes into more detail on how they were made which you can find here https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/2022/06/terrain-bases-and-leader-markers-for.html

There are a few more items of terrain including an attempt at making acacia trees using Woodland Scenics armatures:

All my sabot bases and leader bases are made for a North American setting and so I've put some together that are more appropriate to the arid terrain:

Put them all to good use in another game last week. Once again it was a close run thing with an Egyptian victory but their force morale was getting precariously low.

MaleGriffin:
More great shots! Fantastic work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version