Forum > Age of the Big Battalions

Early ACW Volunteers with shakos

(1/3) > >>

Rochejaquelein:
I was wondering if anyone knew of any manufacturers of early ACW militia units wearing shakos. I know Perry makes some but they're wearing heavy coats that might be a bit too warm looking for what I have planned. I also know about 1st Corps, which is an option, but I'm just seeing what's out there. Preferably something that scales well with Perry so I can have them fight Perry's 1860s British Expeditionary Force.

Thanks!

Dan55:
Have you thought of checking out different periods?  Such as War of 1812 militia in shakos, or Mexican American war?  With the correct painting they may pass.

George1863:
Dixon supply a range of 'early war militia' figures in shako, I believe including artillery. Size-wise they should fit with Perry but I don't have any to post a pic (mine are Redoubt and Renegade).

commissarmoody:
Too bad the Perrys didn't make a separate headset. Then just get the plastics put the heads on them.

Extrabio1947:
They will take some tweaking, but you may want to look at the Perry British Intervention range, especially the figures in the 1855 shako.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version