Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Wargaming table sizes

(1/4) > >>

white knight:
I’m finally in a place where I can get some tables for gaming/display and would like some suggestions on what sizes to go for.

The idea is to have 2 or 3 skirmish tables (preferably rectangular instead of square) that can be put together for a bigger table for larger armies.

What I’m not sure about is the best size of those tables.

voltan:
Simplest to say would be 4' x 4' (or 120cm x 120cm) but it depends how you plan to do the terrain, fixed, mats/cloth or terrain boards and so on, and if you want to put any components beside the gaming area.

Patrice:
Well that could depend on the rules your are using?  :D

--- Quote from: white knight on June 04, 2022, 08:37:00 PM ---2 or 3 skirmish tables (preferably rectangular instead of square) that can be put together for a bigger table for larger armies.
--- End quote ---

That's a part of the answer. Then it would mainly depend on the boards you put on the tables? You can always put thick cardboard on the tables, with terrain cloth on it; or large terrain tiles if you intend to make some. So the real question is not the tables themselves but what will go on them.

white knight:
Probably leaning towards  terrain tiles, but mats/cloths are not out of the question. I have a very diversified collection so it would not be for a specific rule set.

Ockius:
I went for three 6 foot by 2 foot 6ins trestle tables.
That allows for:
6 x 2.5ft  skirmish size.
6 x 5ft Normal battle size
8.5 x 5ft big battle size.

As it turned out, one of the tables was delivered faulty and they replaced it, but I later fixed the faulty table, leaving me with a total of four! That allows a giant 12ft x 5ft table if needed. This is all in my garage by the way.

The exact table is here (has gone up in price it seems): https://www.befurnituresales.co.uk/product/6x-26-varnished-table/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version