Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685059
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Going Native: Rise of the City States  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
[Commercial] Going Native: Rise of the City States
« on: June 09, 2022, 02:07:55 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-rise-of-the-city-states?ref=creator_nav

Paymaster Games has just launched a new Kickstarter Campaign that features allot of new miniatures for their Going Native lines. The ones featured in this campaign are Mayan City States, Pacific Northwest Tribes, Kingdom of Hawaii, and the Kiribati Islands. They have their normal fair of monsters and gods from native folklore added to this campaign as well.

In this campaign they are including several "not" Dogs of War models. The City States Mercenary line currently features a kit of 2 Paymaster's Bodyguard and a Mercenary hero on a Giant Starfish that was teased in back in WD 234. For the campaign we are calling the monster starfish, Patricus. Patricus will start with a Mercenary hero as it first rider, but as the campaign continues other riders will be unlocked. Paymaster Games is also planning additional Mercenary City State Models as well for this campaign which include a Mercenary Paymaster group (Paymaster, Money Lender, and Pay Chest), Mercenary Duelists, Mercenary Pikemen, and De Vinci Flyers that will unlock as the stretch goals are unlocked.

They are also running a cross promotion with Mana Press's Tribal Skirmish game. Paymaster Games are offering 4 different starter kits from each of the different factions offered in this campaign. Tribal is a fantastic skirmish game. I have been playing it since Covid started, and i have had lot of fun with it I would recommend the game to anyone looking to start a new game with very few models.

Please check out the campaign

Here are some of the models from this campaign

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:57:22 AM by Raza Decon »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: (KS) Going Native: Rise of the City States
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 06:46:01 AM »
Just a word to the wise, if this is a commercial venture you should have the [Commercial] before the title of your post. :)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
Re: [Commercial] Going Native: Rise of the City States
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 01:58:22 AM »
Just a word to the wise, if this is a commercial venture you should have the [Commercial] before the title of your post. :)

Thank you for your advice. Fixed.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 06:00:28 AM »
Thank you for your advice. Fixed.

Cool. :)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 12:39:22 AM »
Paymaster Games have posted thier first update for this campaign.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-rise-of-the-city-states/posts/3529808

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 02:35:34 AM »
Honest feedback?

I'd say there's quite a gulf between the artistic depictions shown on the KS and the actual sculpts. There's some nice detail on some of the figures, on others it just makes them look busy. The facial sculpting is at best indifferent and on quite a few of the sculpts shown really quite poor. Posing on many of the figures, in particular the Hawaiians is wooden. Were these 15mm I suspect a lot of that would be overlooked but as it is they look a lot like early '90s era 25mm sculpts.

It's potentially a fascinating area and you get real kudos for tackling it but, as you've probably guessed the miniatures just leave me cold. Purely subjective of course and hopefully other folk will differ. I don't think they are bad figures per se, but not something that would convince me to shell out.

Good luck with the launch though and I genuinely mean that.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 02:37:26 AM by carlos marighela »
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 03:26:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your feed back.

Honestly one of the Sculptors i would used regularly was forced to retire from mini sculpting do to medical reasons. This forced me to look for other sculptors and other some sculptors i would use regularly wanted to try new prossess in their craft. Some of these did fall flat i am sorry to say.

The Hawaiians are multi part kits, i think they look wooden becouse that is the way i put them together.

My main goal with my line of models is offer an alternitive to eurocentric models on the market today. I want people to say i want to play First Nation or polyneasian forces at a Hail Caesar or Kings of War Historical tournament or gaming club. That has alway been a goal my company has persued.

Is their one or two models that you are unhappy with that you would like me to look at?

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 06:28:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that we have reached the $3000 mark. We have reached the final push over the line to the goal.

Please help me push this campaing over the finish line. Please let your gaming groups, forums and freinds know about this campaign.

Thank you very much for your support of my company and model lines.

Here are some photos of my new models -

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
I have backed this for $200 (ordering Pacific Northwest and Kiribati). I also shared it on a few other Facebook groups, and some of my friends have backed it as well. Hope the KS reaches its goal. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think the miniatures look great and look forward to painting them.  :-*

Mike Demana