Forum > VSF Adventures

Castles in the Sky - Nationalities

(1/2) > >>

JohnDSD2:
Hello everyone.

Interested in Castles in the Sky, following the battle reports with great interest.

What are the nations included in the rules?

And are there likely to be expansions to increase these?

Any plans for a Martian (Space 1889 style) expansion?

Thanks

Easy E:
The Nationalities/Fleets in the Core Book are:

- British
- French
- German
- Austro-Hungarian
- Italian
- American
- Japanese
- Ottoman
- Edit: I missed Russia somehow!  Russia is also in the book!

There maybe some additional content on the Osprey Website that will add a list for "Regional Powers" that pull largely from the Nations listed above for general ship profiles.  There may also be 1 or 2 additional ships for each nationality as well.   

There are currently no plans for expansions at this point, but I have all ready received requests for expansion into several areas/regions, rules to make your own airships, and other ideas.  If it sells well enough, perhaps.  However, Osprey is typically risk averse to "secondary books" unless the initial ones sells incredibly well.  Expansions typically do not do that well.

However, I plan on supporting it with future development via my Blood and Spectacles Blog and Wargame Vault.

The_Beast:
I know a fellow who'd be interested in a Scandinavian bent, though I'd suggest Swedish as opposed to his Norwegian.

Danish? Depends on how alt your alt history is...  :D

Doug

JohnDSD2:
Thanks for the reply.

Any chance of some Russians?

Thanks again

MaleGriffin:
I know they probably had a page limit, but I really wish they included Russia as well. My VSF games include them instead of the Austro-Hungarians.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version