Forum > Colonial Adventures

German East Africa as a Colonial Adventure?

(1/3) > >>

FifteensAway:
I know there is a WWI page but wondering if German East Africa WWI might find a better home here on the Colonial Adventures page?  My thinking is that it is really more of a colonial era fight than most WWI battles.

There are the British and Germans, of course, but also King's African Rifles and some black troops from the Caribbean even, and the Askaris, troops from India, South Africa, Rhodesia, and Nyasaland, also Belgians and Portuguese.  With all those players, it feels more appropriate here. 

Given some of my plans, there may be times that the games might actually fit better on the Pulp page.  But that's a different 'story'.  The plans are secret at this time!  ;)

So, here or WWI?  (Unless too pulpy for either.)

CapnJim:
Hmmm.  Interesting.  Looking forward to seeing your progress on this!

marco55:
WW1 is so big that they should have sub-sections.They could have,
1.Western Front
2.Eastern Front
3.Balkans
4.Gallipoli
5.Caucasus
6.Middle East
7.Africa
8.Asia
9.North Italian Front
Mark

Michi:
My vote for Colonials!

Plynkes:
Great War in Africa topics are more than welcome here, as they are most definitely colonial. By the same token you can post them on the Great War board if you prefer. When such overlaps occur we tend to leave it to the individual to decide where to put it.

As for Pulp, if you are approaching the topic in an Indiana Jones, pulpy type of way, then yes, by all means post it there if you want to. Pulp is more about the attitude than any strict period definition, I feel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version