Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stylized aircraft carrier for war-game 15 mm?  (Read 3204 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Stylized aircraft carrier for war-game 15 mm?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2023, 11:46:27 PM »
Gashapon: Those dopey egg shaped mystery toys that pop out of vending machines and are so beloved of the Japanese. Think of Kinder eggs.

Giant Coat Hanger: A bridge that purportedly unites the northern and southern sides of Sydney Harbour. Used annually to stage the New Year fireworks. Sydneysiders think this is so cool they queue for up to 18 hours to find a spot to watch this. Anyone who has seen the fireworks on Copacabana Beach knows the Sydney thing is a bit shit by comparison and you can get a drink in Rio.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2024, 01:57:33 AM »
Used annually to stage the New Year fireworks. Sydneysiders think this is so cool they queue for up to 18 hours to find a spot to watch this. Anyone who has seen the fireworks on Copacabana Beach knows the Sydney thing is a bit shit by comparison and you can get a drink in Rio.

How do they compare to the Baltimore/DC Fireworks barges out in the Chesapeake? That's by far been the most impressive fireworks barrage I've seen so far, though it was 4th of July, not new year's (but then 4th is always going to be bigger in the States anyway).

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2024, 03:58:57 AM »
There's over a million people gather for reveillon on Copacabana beach. If you are using public transport you need to buy your metro ticket in advance. There are stages set up along the beach and genuine headline acts attend. Along with carnaval it's probably the biggest party on earth.

The fireworks are incredible, several tonnes worth from barges moored offshore, and it's a dramatic backdrop to start with added to by the collection of cruise liners that gather for the event.

After the fireworks people will party on and of course you have the spectacle of many thousands making tribute to Iemanjá, the goddess of the sea (something we do every year no matter where we are) throwing flowers into the sea and offering prayers in hope of a good new year.

Oh and did I mention you can drink? People bring booze to you and food. So unlike Australia, where public alcohol bans are in place on NYE and revellers only have some shit show, typically from a TV pop contestant, to distract them from the absence of booze.

Reveillon in Salvador is pretty damn good as you have the backdrop of one of the world's most beautiful and largest bays  along with some of the world's happiest people but nothing comes close to Rio in terms of spectacle and experience.

So if you ever get the chance and you like fireworks..........

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2024, 10:44:06 AM »
Oh I do love fireworks.

Crowds, not so much... and that bit goes triple for the missus.  lol

Offline anton ryzbak

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 01:01:50 AM »
If you just want the hull blanks they would be free. A complete model might run a bit more, I'm retired and build largely for amusement.