Forum > Medieval Adventures

Plastic knights suitable for a 5-year-old to paint?

(1/3) > >>

mweaver:
Hi everyone.  My brother has his 5-year-old granddaughter painting dragons, and apparently she (or perhaps he) has decided she should try some knights for the dragons to munch on.  Ideally, one-piece plastic, with lots of armor so she is mostly painting metal and washing.  Biggish, so 32mm would be better than old 25mm.  Not too much in the way of fussy kit.  At the moment I am drawing a blank. Suggestions welcome!

-Michael

NickNascati:
Michael,
             Take a look at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=plastic+knights+figures&crid=3QNN1UW1IGPEB&sprefix=Plastic+knight%2Caps%2C65&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_14

pancakeonions:
Reaper Bones plastic figures aren't bad, and there's plenty of chunky knight options.  They're a few bucks a figure, though, so the Amazon plastic knights (though not as nice) will certainly get you more options!

Dolnikan:
I would probably go with some of the old school plastic 54 mm knights you can get anywhere. But if smaller scales are preferred (and actual minis) I would go for the reaper Bones line like Pancakeonions suggests. It's a soft bendy material, especially for the older ones, And breaking them is almost impossible. At the same time, they tend to paint pretty easily and don't have many parts that can fall off and be swallowed.

There however aren't many or many mounted ones which might be an issue. Most others have some big disadvantages either in terms of the material (like resin, metal, and brittle plastic) or in terms of excessive detail and tiny extra pieces that can easily break off. But the latter does depend on the child of course.

Iain R:
The old GW plastic Knights of the Realm from the 90s used to be cheap as chips and widely available on ebay. Dunno if they still are, but might be worth considering?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version