Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] New Under Fire Resins  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Westy38

• Librarian
[COMMERCIAL] New Under Fire Resins
« on: June 17, 2022, 12:39:23 AM »
These guys landed yesterday and will eventually become...

28mm R.A.R. 2

20mm Russian Motor Rifle 3: RPK

20mm BSAP search team

20mm Rhodesian Army search & mine clearance teams

This pack will consist of a Rhodesian Army Engineers mine clearance team & a Rhodesian Gov't Forces search team.

Any questions please ask.

Regards,

Bill @ Under Fire.
www.underfireminiatures.com

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: [COMMERCIAL] New Under Fire Resins
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 08:07:38 AM »
Very nice but let’s have some more 28mm Cold War stuff. French? Poles? Norwegians. I’d love some French for my 1980s West Berlin garrison.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »
Hey Carlos, from their FB page they said this back in May.

"20mm ranges will be finished off in preparation for all future commissions being 28mm only. More 28mm ZANLA & RAR packs will be created and my Cold War US & Danish ranges will be completed. Following on from there will be 28mm Cold War Polish para's and/or motor rifle troops.

I'm also mulling over 28mm UK Police plus opposition."
So the Polish are coming.  :D
And a few mins before that he also posted up, but not be as much interest to you.
"At the moment I'm concentrating on getting outstanding production moulds created for my 28mm & some 20mm ranges. New releases will see the publication of my Late 80's US Army WITHOUT scrimmed helmets on June 21st and 21st July will see the release of command and rifle packs for my new range of 28mm Kings African Rifles."
Which works for me because I need some more US.... Or at least I will after I complete my move cross country and can get some time.  :?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 10:21:53 AM »
Cheers! Occasionally ones misses these sorts of tidbits as a result of refusing to engage with Mr Zuckerberg’s Surveillance Capitalism model but on the whole I’m happier for it.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 02:05:44 PM »

Oooh….now if those are 1980s to fit in with the 28mm Cold War then count me in  :)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 09:49:21 PM »
I might find a use for those 28mm RAR.

Will these be issued as metal?

"20mm ranges will be finished off in preparation for all future commissions being 28mm only. More 28mm ZANLA & RAR packs will be created and my Cold War US & Danish ranges will be completed. Following on from there will be 28mm Cold War Polish para's and/or motor rifle troops.

Cool.
Modern or period Police?

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 10:00:53 PM »
Cool.
Modern or period Police?

I remember back in the 1980s the UK police still wore the dark blue service dress type uniforms and the "tit" helmets. Now they just look like nightclub bouncers. :-[
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 11:28:28 PM »
Cheers! Occasionally ones misses these sorts of tidbits as a result of refusing to engage with Mr Zuckerberg’s Surveillance Capitalism model but on the whole I’m happier for it.
I don't blame you, I stay on to keep contact with my army buddies and my local hobby groups switched over from Yahoo to FB. If it wasn't for that, I would be off.

As for UK police, I am guessing 80s bobbies with FALs and the like. They already do a few sets of West Germany Polizei for some defense of West Berlin action.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 11:32:30 PM by commissarmoody »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 02:11:55 AM »
I’d expect police with MP-5s as more likely given that was the most common firearm beyond pistols in the ‘80s. IIRC the Met started buying them in the late 1970s after the IRA started bombing pubs in mainland UK.

Flat caps would make them more useful than helmets, but there are available heads to swap if not. I suspect that if the police were widely armed in the event of the balloon going up then it would be with obsolete, war reserve, weapons, as happened during the Second World War. Maybe coppers with Mk4 Lee Enfields? I must admit, I quite fancy the notion of a tooled up Sgt Dixon. ‘Evening all’.  ;)

Will keep a weather eye on these as armed coppers in tunics or even shirt sleeves, sans stab vests, would dovetail nicely with another project of mine.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 02:13:50 AM by carlos marighela »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 02:36:14 AM »
I’d expect police with MP-5s as more likely given that was the most common firearm beyond pistols in the ‘80s. IIRC the Met started buying them in the late 1970s after the IRA started bombing pubs in mainland UK.

Flat caps would make them more useful than helmets, but there are available heads to swap if not. I suspect that if the police were widely armed in the event of the balloon going up then it would be with obsolete, war reserve, weapons, as happened during the Second World War. Maybe coppers with Mk4 Lee Enfields? I must admit, I quite fancy the notion of a tooled up Sgt Dixon. ‘Evening all’.  ;)

Will keep a weather eye on these as armed coppers in tunics or even shirt sleeves, sans stab vests, would dovetail nicely with another project of mine.
Hell or all those options would work with me.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 08:35:54 PM »
Absolutely perfect.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 11:53:57 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the East German line receive some more additions. Finding figures of artillery crews or sitting models for vehicles is a pain, and whilst I can make them myself, just buying some is easier...

However that range is probably very niche, I mean I'm not even using the figures for East Germans, so I suspect what we have is the sum of it. :/

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 06:54:06 AM »
Would love to see some support weapons for the NVA. ATGMs, RCLs or even better the weird Romanian  triple mount thermobaric rocket launcher they planned to use in urban combat.

Some Kampfgruppe der Arbeiteklasse would be nice too. Don’t fancy my chances on any of these though. Maybe they would nice enough to produce some East German heads so we could convert our own?

The weird Romanian launcher:

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2022, 09:39:59 PM »
Brilliant- really like the look of the Rhodesian police.