Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Looking for polished steel finish

<< < (6/6)

Blackwolf:
Doug,
The company is Ammo of Mig (Jimenez). :)

Doug ex-em4:
More good ideas - I’m getting spoiled for choice :)

--- Quote from: Blackwolf on June 28, 2022, 10:13:02 PM ---Doug,
The company is Ammo of Mig (Jimenez). :)

--- End quote ---

Ahhh - the clue was in the name. :D I should pay more attention.

Thanks, Guy…..

Doug

Blackwolf:
Haha, I do the same old boy. I’d send you a bottle (I have a few), however from Australia to England maybe stretching it :)

Doug ex-em4:

--- Quote from: Blackwolf on June 29, 2022, 10:31:57 AM ---Haha, I do the same old boy. I’d send you a bottle (I have a few), however from Australia to England maybe stretching it :)

--- End quote ---
My knee-jerk reaction to the thought of a bottle was, regrettably, "damn, missed out on a bottle of whisky". Then I realised you meant paint so my disappointment was tempered. :D :D :D

Doug

katie:
I use Molotow Liquid Chrome Markers. Couple of quid off of Amazon. Oooze the ink out onto the palette and paint with it. For big areas, just colour it in with the pen.

It's not 'silver paint', it's basically mirror in a tube. I just can't convey how amazing it looks in mere words. I painted the fuel tanks on some GZG spacecraft in it and they look like chromed ball-bearings.

Photographing it is actually difficult because the camera flash, the camera and you are all reflected in the miniature...

It's wildly dependent on the surface texture. Some filler undercoat is necessary on some miniatures.

It's just glorious as edge on raised swords and bayonets. The hardest part is not overusing it.

(Don't get the gold, it's crap. Put yellow contrast over the silver.)

Credit goes to Adam Savage who mentioned using them for metal effects in one of his Youtube videos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version