Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Looking for polished steel finish

<< < (2/6) > >>

Dags:
https://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/30ml-xtreme-metal-chrome-ak-interactive-ak-477-p4837/?utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=52720&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr4PoqajB-AIVDO7tCh3CEwd0EAQYASABEgIRZfD_BwE

Doug ex-em4:

--- Quote from: robh on June 22, 2022, 01:25:25 PM ---Assuming white metal alloy wargame figures not resin or plastics you can do this by burnishing with a rounded end needle (leatherwork not tailoring).
Quite a common technique with 54mm and above display modellers (often with a dremel ball tip on larger models). Works well in conjunction with Tamiya "Smoke" translucent paint to give the shading and roll edges.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: has.been on June 22, 2022, 01:34:21 PM ---I agree with Robh, but I use a small wire brush (originally for bringing
up the knap on suede shoes.  Very good on fully armoured things like
Wars of the Roses dismounted knights, as once you have burnished
& sealed it with Tamiya 'smoke' you have to carefully undercoat & 
paint all the non metallic bits (face, gloves, boots, belts etc.)

--- End quote ---

Interesting. May be a bit fiddly on the back and breast of a 28mm figure but worth a go - doesn’t cost anything….thanks for the input.

--- Quote from: OSHIROmodels on June 22, 2022, 01:35:11 PM ---You can buy chrome pens in decent art shops. Take a bit of practise though.

--- End quote ---

I’ll have a look at them - thanks.

--- Quote from: Michi on June 22, 2022, 02:47:18 PM ---There is some polishable metallic paint by Gunze Sangyo called Mr. Metal Color (different metals). It works perfectly on strictly even surfaces, but any varnish will destroy the effect.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like it may not be suitable in this case but thanks for the info…

--- Quote from: Dags on June 22, 2022, 03:56:56 PM ---https://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/30ml-xtreme-metal-chrome-ak-interactive-ak-477-p4837/?utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=52720&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr4PoqajB-AIVDO7tCh3CEwd0EAQYASABEgIRZfD_BwE

--- End quote ---

This looks the easiest - have you used it?

Doug

Silent Invader:
I quite like Chainmail Silver in the Vallejo Game Color range

Dags:

--- Quote from: Doug ex-em4 on June 22, 2022, 05:24:04 PM ---This looks the easiest - have you used it?

--- End quote ---

Yep - got some when it was launched. It's very good but, for me at least, has limited applications so ended up passing it on to a mate rather than have yet another pot sitting around,  gathering dust, never being used

Doug ex-em4:

--- Quote from: Silent Invader on June 22, 2022, 06:34:24 PM ---I quite like Chainmail Silver in the Vallejo Game Color range

--- End quote ---
That’s the range I use - I must double check and see if I’ve got that one.

--- Quote from: Dags on June 22, 2022, 06:42:49 PM ---Yep - got some when it was launched. It's very good but, for me at least, has limited applications so ended up passing it on to a mate rather than have yet another pot sitting around,  gathering dust, never being used

--- End quote ---
I missed out there, didn’t I? :D

Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version