Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Old Glory/Blue Moon Draculas Castle  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
Old Glory/Blue Moon Draculas Castle
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:07:13 PM »
Beautiful building.  I'd buy it, but I wanna make my own, that is a little less Transylvania, more generic for:  Cthulhu in Florida (old Spanish) and Egypt/Sudan.

Thus why I haven't built one yet, that's a tough bullet to chew.

Anyhow, what a nice piece

Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Old Glory/Blue Moon Draculas Castle
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 07:59:32 PM »
If you have a 3D printer, take a look at Dark Realms over on https://www.myminifactory.com/users/DarkRealms they have a lot of buildings with tile roofs that may fit your need, also if you just want to just plain out buy something you could look over at Etsy as well pricey however the one from Old Glory/ Blue Moon is $250. Why I am looking forward to getting a 3D printer.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 04:28:37 PM »
If you have a 3D printer, take a look at Dark Realms over on https://www.myminifactory.com/users/DarkRealms they have a lot of buildings with tile roofs that may fit your need, also if you just want to just plain out buy something you could look over at Etsy as well pricey however the one from Old Glory/ Blue Moon is $250. Why I am looking forward to getting a 3D printer.

Very nice!  Thanks.  I saw the perfect design.  Tommy Chong's island castle in "Yellowbeard".  Spanish, Aztecky, and also suitable for n Africa.  Lol, the island in movie was off Madagascar.

BTW, Woo Pig, Sooie!

Woo pig, Sooie!

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:12:03 PM »
I've long been tempted by that Dracula's Castle, especially during the usual holiday sales at Noble Knight.  But drat, it has no other entrance besides the main gate which is very tactically limiting for game use.

Someday, I may succumb to its inspiration and scratch-build and/or print something in its glorious style.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »
I've long been tempted by that Dracula's Castle, especially during the usual holiday sales at Noble Knight.  But drat, it has no other entrance besides the main gate which is very tactically limiting for game use.

Someday, I may succumb to its inspiration and scratch-build and/or print something in its glorious style.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Good insight on the lone entrance.   It is, though, at least not too impenetrable. 

I always make sure my forts and outposts are vulnerable, at least somewhere.  High walls = nobody attacks.  :-[

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 12:04:39 AM »
“Cthulhu in Florida (old Spanish)”

Smokey, that sounds like an awesome idea!

Dan

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:23 PM »
And if you need inspiration for the surroundings, you can read the book "Mexican Gothic"  :)

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 02:34:17 PM »
And if you need inspiration for the surroundings, you can read the book "Mexican Gothic"  :)

Ah, I had missed seeing this book come out, just ordered a copy from Book Depository, thanks!  Let's see how well the writing compares to my favourite Luchadora-Noir novel, Hood Town.

Last night for entertainment, I did a google image browsing of 28mm Pirate Buildings.  There's plenty of good stuff out there that would work for Spanishy Southern Gothic, including some colonial forts and haciendas with design elements that could cross patch very nicely with that Dracula's Castle for a nice scratch-building project.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 12:24:35 AM »

Ah, I had missed seeing this book come out, just ordered a copy from Book Depository, thanks!  Let's see how well the writing compares to my favourite Luchadora-Noir novel, Hood Town.

Last night for entertainment, I did a google image browsing of 28mm Pirate Buildings.  There's plenty of good stuff out there that would work for Spanishy Southern Gothic, including some colonial forts and haciendas with design elements that could cross patch very nicely with that Dracula's Castle for a nice scratch-building project.

Awesome!  Me being half Mexican, I'm in

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 04:19:16 PM »
Look at this beauty

Oh, and Florida man wades into reverse at night, catches 30lb tarpon

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2022, 06:16:29 PM »
Excellent work on both accounts. :D

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2022, 06:42:29 PM »
In a smaller vein, closer to the Dracula's Castle, there's this lovely Garrsion/Hacienda currently up on EBay (Small World Games doesn't appear to have an active website of their own).  I've saved a couple of these photos for the reference library:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325212199702?hash=item4bb8285b16:g:pIMAAOSwj61ilc9t

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 05:31:55 AM »
Cat
That is a great looking game piece of terrain, I can see one being able to build it a little large to allow for a second entrance. Those other buildings in the one photo look like good additions too.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2022, 12:48:39 AM »
In a smaller vein, closer to the Dracula's Castle, there's this lovely Garrsion/Hacienda currently up on EBay (Small World Games doesn't appear to have an active website of their own).  I've saved a couple of these photos for the reference library:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325212199702?hash=item4bb8285b16:g:pIMAAOSwj61ilc9t

Oh yeah.  I'm sketching up something a bit bigger, but in that style.  Would work for Seminole War as well, like in "Distant Drums"