Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Update: World at War - Gear Krieg print version out NOW!  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Update: World at War - Gear Krieg print version out NOW!
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Just a quote from DP9s yesterday announcement:
"Great New for our Gear Krieg Fans. Back in August, A.D. Publishing released their first licensed Gear Krieg ebook entitled World at War: Gear Krieg for use with the Battlefield Evolution game system. Dream Pod 9 and A.D. Publishing have reached an agreement for Dream Pod 9 to publish a Full Color printed version of the ebook for our fans, World at War: Gear Krieg (DP9-ADP08, Softcover, 80 pages, Full Color, $38.00) will be available sometime in November."

Dave (A.D.Publishings layout GURU) is currently working feverishly at the layout changes to make the book print compatible.
To make the book more affordable in Europe we have reached an agreement that I can sell the book also here in Europe for 26,00 EURO. So depending where you reside you can choose to buy them from DP9 or from me to minimise the shipping cost.

Also new is the A.D.Publishing FAQ
http://www.agisn.de/html/gear_krieg_faq.html
and the updated release schedule.
http://www.agisn.de/html/a_d__publishing.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:26:59 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
Re: World at War: Gear Krieg soon as print version!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »
congratulations Agis,

well deserved, I know it'll sell well,

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
Fingers are already crossed... ;)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »
Small update: DP9 expect the printed books back the week of the 16th of November. The book is already available to order on the DP9 Online Store and will start shipping on the 20th in America.
DP9 will ship the copies for the European market also in November to me. So at the beginning of December I will be able to ship the books in Europe.

We will retail the book for 26,00 EURO + 4,00 EURO shipment in Germany (Einschreiben) and 5,00 EURO shipemt (recorded delivery) within Europe.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Re: Update: World at War - Gear Krieg soon as print version!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
We can all now brag that, "We knew him" when you hit the big time.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
We can all now brag that, "We knew him" when you hit the big time.

Brian
LOL, but I can assure you, it is not BIG. If I would do it for the money, I would get more cash per hour building Burgers at McD or the King... 8)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »
Dream Pod 9 have announced an upcoming print version of the World at War: Gear Krieg eBook as well as several Gear Krieg 15mm army deals.

From their website:
"Dream Pod 9 is releasing two new Full Color books this week the first is World at War: Gear Krieg (DP9-APD08, ISBN: 978-1-897460-96-2, Softcover, 78 Full Color pages, $38.00) for the Battlefield Evolution Game by Mongoose Publishing. World at War: Gear Krieg was released back in August as an ebook by A.D. Publishing.
The layout and photos in the ebook looked so amazing we decide it needed to be printed. The book is written by Agis Neugebauer, who also wrote Battlefield Evolution: World at War and Pacific War books for Mongoose Publishing. Agis also painted and took all the beautiful miniature photos in the book. This product requires the use of Battlefield Evolution: World at War Rulebook and some Gear Krieg miniatures to play. Books are due back from the printers this Wednesday (November 18th) and we will ship to customers on Friday the 20th, you can order your copy now on the Dream Pod 9 Online Store.
If you live in Europe you may want to wait and order the new book from A.D. Publishing to save on some shipping costs, DP9 will be shipping copies of the book over to A.D.Publishing in Germany as soon as they receive them back from the printers.
A.D. Publishing will retail the book for 26,00 EURO + 4,00 EURO shipment in Germany (Einschreiben) and 5,00 EURO for recorded delivery within Europe.

To helpout players getting into World at War: Gear Krieg we have created 3 new Army Bundles that are now available on the online store.
The German PanzerKaempfer Zug includes (3 x DP9-604 Loki Walker, 3 x DP9-602 Valkurie (Walkure) Walker, 2 x DP9-616 Donner (Thor) Walker, 1 x DP9-611 Uller Walker, 1 x DP9-629 Rocket Troops (Raketentruppe) Infantry and 1 x DP9-635 Axis Weapons Pack) total value of $188.45 at a special price of $165.00, you save $23.45 with the bundle.

The U.S. Walker Combat Battalion includes (4 x DP9-603 General Early Walker, 5 x DP9-601 Longstreet Walker, 1 x DP9-632 Heli. Troops Infantry and 1 x DP9-638 Allies Weapons Pack) total value of $186.45 at a special price of $165.00, you save $21.45 with the bundle.

The Britsh Walker Platoon includes (5 x DP9-608 Cavalier Walker, 5 x DP9-607 Roundhead Walker and 1 x DP9-638 Allies Weapons Pack) total value of $188.45 at a special price of $165.00, you save $23.45 with the bundle.

Also, the original sculptor of the Gear Krieg miniatures line, Alain Gadbois, is working on the first new releases in many years, which will be the Shiki 38 and Shiki 41 Walkers for Japan. These will include extra weapons to make several varients of the Shiki models and two new weapons never released the sonic gun for the Shiki 38 and light laser for the Shiki 41, we hope to have these ready before the end of the year."

To support the army deals I have created an AFV / Walker army list that can be used to play with the DP9 armies as they come! Have fun.
You can download the list from the Download section of the A.D.Publishing website:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/downloads.html

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
Small update: I received the customs notification that the books arrived in Germany.
I will pick them up today, so the printed Battlefield Evolution – World at War: Gear Krieg book will be available in Europe VERY soon.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Update: World at War - Gear Krieg print version out NOW!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
Hi again,
today was the BIG day, I picked up my share of book  copies at the customs. What a feeling to hold your first self-written and publsihed book physically in your hands!
 :)
I will make a proper announcement on my website and all, but everyone here in Europe who wants a copy can also PM me. I will then sent you a paypal invoice and the book will in your hands in no time at all.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:40:28 PM by Agis »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Congratulations! You have followed a creative cycle from concept to completion and diversified from sculpture and paint to text and publishing. Wow!

All the best Agis. You are a positive influence and a creative inspiration for many gamers, painters and modellers.

I hope you have as many positive experiences as you wish in the world of publishing.

Thomas
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
Honest Thanks Thomas,  so far it was a positive experience.
I am looking forward to future projects.

And doing it only on a hobby base makes things also more laid back...
 ;)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
Our "Order" page for all European customers is now open!
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/order.html

Offline johnbailey

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 05:05:47 AM »
Awesome, Agis, can't wait to check it out!

--
john bailey