Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking For a Ruleset to Scratch a Particular Itch  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
Looking For a Ruleset to Scratch a Particular Itch
« on: June 26, 2022, 07:22:11 PM »
I thought I'd tap the collective wisdom of the forum to see if a ruleset for something I want to play already exists.

Necromunda Ash Wastes has me a little jealous, and I'd like to find a solo-friendly, post-apoc campaign skirmishes rules set with vehicle rules about on par with Gorkamorka's.

I have several good skirmish rules (Zona Alfa, TiNaT, Five Kliks, Five Parsecs, Fallout: WW, etc) that don't have vehicle rules, and Gaslands seems to be only vehicles, no infantry.  Does anyone knows of a solid post apocalypse (or even scifi) game with that Gorkamorka mix (but isn't GW?  Model agnostic is preferred.)

I suppose I could tinker myself and add the Gorkamorka vehicle rules to one of my skirmish games, but if some indie rules author or company has already done the work for me, I'd like to have a look and support their work.

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
Re: Looking For a Ruleset to Scratch a Particular Itch
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
Do you know the ruleset called Red Button's Nation? It's a skirmish game with both infantery and vehicules in a post-apocalyptic world. I think you can easily adapt it.

Offline graydebowen

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »
Have you tried 7TV Apocalypse

Offline iDreamofMinis

• Bookworm
    • I Dream of Minis Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 12:00:44 PM »
The only one I can think of is Fistful of Lead - Galactic Heroes, Wasteland Warriors, the Vehicle Supplement, etc.

All of the supplements can be mixed and matched.  I think it's a fun ruleset.  :)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 12:38:29 PM »
Pulp Alley or Fistful of Lead. Those games seem to do everything! I've played FFoL for Old West, and it is a really fun, easy game. I have NOT tried any vehicle rules they make. Yet... ;)
I've been looking for a similar game, so far FFoL and Gaslands as a blend

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »
I can't seem to find any indication that Red Button's Nation is available in English.

Is Fistful of Lead particularly solo-friendly?  I haven't read anything indicating there are solo rules.

I have 7TV Apocalypse, but it has the solo-friendly issue.  The solo rules released during the pandemic are very much limited to a "survive the minion rush" scenario.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:55:34 PM by Psychopomp »

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 07:28:19 PM »
I can't seem to find any indication that Red Button's Nation is available in English.

Is Fistful of Lead particularly solo-friendly?  I haven't read anything indicating there are solo rules.

I have 7TV Apocalypse, but it has the solo-friendly issue.  The solo rules released during the pandemic are very much limited to a "survive the minion rush" scenario.

I like FFOL and its sub-types a lot, however the solo rules I didn't like much. Sorry  :)
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 03:42:19 AM »
Nuclear Renaissance by Ramshackle Games does a good job with vehicles.

Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 02:09:48 PM »
Fistful of Lead works fine solo.  It is a card reader, so what you can do is simply deal out one card to each figure. That gives you the order in which figures activate. Then, as a solo more gamer, run through the initiative order, and your decision making process is carved up into individual slices.

You weren't so much playing against an AI, and setting up the pieces, finding out what order they operated, and then figuring out what makes the most sense for each individual figure based on current table situation.

It's the only way I've played, and it's a lot of fun. 

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 04:21:56 PM »
Fistful of Lead works fine solo.  It is a card reader, so what you can do is simply deal out one card to each figure. That gives you the order in which figures activate. Then, as a solo more gamer, run through the initiative order, and your decision making process is carved up into individual slices.

You weren't so much playing against an AI, and setting up the pieces, finding out what order they operated, and then figuring out what makes the most sense for each individual figure based on current table situation.

It's the only way I've played, and it's a lot of fun.

I am glad you found it worked out that way, I didn't. However I now have some really nice playing card counters in full colour which may make the game more visually pleasing (to me) than having playing cards all over the table ;), enjoy with whatever you decide to do :D