Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Masters of the Universe: Battlegrounds (April 10: Grayskull Dice Tower)  (Read 14495 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Masters of the Universe: Battlegrounds (July 8: Evil-Lyn)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2022, 10:12:26 AM »
Brilliant work all round.
This subject matter marries perfectly with your painting style, they were just made for you!
 :-* :-*

The only downside is that you are not helping me resist this He-Man nonsense in the slightest!
 >:( >:( ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2022, 10:49:18 AM »
Awesome!  ;D

Now I don’t have a 3D printer sadly… :(

Totally agree on the mess they created with the IP, but when both KS were launched, I was zero interested in the CMON one, because of their usual recipe of throwing tons of soft plastics which arrive so late that I (and assumedly others) have lost all interest… Still waiting for Trudvang where I made the mistake again…

Archon’s KS got very poor reviews but the sculpts looked way better. When they released them in hard plastic that was a no-brainer. Like you I really enjoy painting metal and hard plastic minis.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2022, 11:57:22 AM »
Brilliant work all round.
This subject matter marries perfectly with your painting style, they were just made for you!
 :-* :-*

Cheers man! And yeah, they paint up so fast with my painting method and they are so much fun. Loving the whole process!

The only downside is that you are not helping me resist this He-Man nonsense in the slightest!
 >:( >:( ;)

"I, Skeletor, Master of the Universe, have awakened you!" - Skeletor

Awesome!  ;D

Now I don’t have a 3D printer sadly… :(

You can find people who print for money...some more expensive than others. But this castle should be doable. Maybe not cheap with all the plastic involved.

Totally agree on the mess they created with the IP, but when both KS were launched, I was zero interested in the CMON one, because of their usual recipe of throwing tons of soft plastics which arrive so late that I (and assumedly others) have lost all interest… Still waiting for Trudvang where I made the mistake again…

Archon’s KS got very poor reviews but the sculpts looked way better. When they released them in hard plastic that was a no-brainer. Like you I really enjoy painting metal and hard plastic minis.

It's interesting to see both games. Archon's looks more of a Risk-type of game while CMON's seems more of a skirmish style game. At first I was sad we didn't get a skirmish type game in Europe...but then Battlegrounds was released! And the best parts for if you get both games is that you can use the models from Battlegrounds in Fields of Eternia. So once the game drops I can play almost fully painted already. Really looking forwards to that one.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2022, 12:34:24 PM »
Yes! I have the same idea!!!!!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Masters of the Universe: Battlegrounds (July 11: He-Man)
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »
By the power of Grayskull...I HAVE THE POWER!
Or in other words, He-Man is finished! Cool model to paint and the pose is awesome. I struggled to get the face the way I wanted, but it's fine as it is now. So that only leaves Skeletor! The big baddie has been coated in Contrast colours, so should be easy to do. And then it's time for group shots!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2022, 08:24:39 AM »
The old toy set is available relatively cheap if you don’t insist on a mint condition, there’s also the Origin set currently available for €60 at a German drugstore chain and the crown jewel the pricy and rare Icon set. CMON apparently are producing another set for their version of Motu, but as with the rest of the sculpts, I’m not happy with it.

I would second the Icon Heroes castle as the best option, but since it's OOP for some time, prices are way up from when I got mine.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2022, 10:52:03 AM »
As castles go it should be an easy one to scratch build - but the old toy one can also be turned into a suitable piece. It was always too small for the original toys and based on how big it looks in some of the cartoons might be ideal for 25mm upwards...

I would imagine that one could scrap the hex element of the Battlegrounds game and use more flexible measuring and thus allow for more exciting terrain features like Greyskull...

Like the He-Man addition, he matches the rest of your forces well. See you are keeping the best to last. Look forward to seeing Skeletor, hope you make him your best...

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2022, 11:35:50 AM »
Some lovely work on these minis  :-*

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2022, 04:12:49 PM »
By the power of Grayskull...I HAVE THE POWER!
Or in other words, He-Man is finished! Cool model to paint and the pose is awesome. I struggled to get the face the way I wanted, but it's fine as it is now. So that only leaves Skeletor! The big baddie has been coated in Contrast colours, so should be easy to do. And then it's time for group shots!

Cracking paintjob. You truly have the POWER!!!

@ White Knight: Seeing your excellent painted minis in those bloody brilliant Icon statues makes me regret having sold my time machine….

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2022, 08:58:15 PM »
It's really cool seeing all these MotU threads. Lovely painting.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Masters of the Universe: Battlegrounds (July 11: Skeletor)
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2022, 09:37:29 PM »
Cheers lads!
And the main box is...DONE! At least the models that is ;)

Skeletor

Such a cool model to paint. And a very easy colour scheme too, so went nice and fast.

And as promised some group shots:

For now it's prepping the scenery for paint and wait until the next wave will be delivered. Can't wait for Scareglow!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2022, 09:38:40 PM »
It's really cool seeing all these MotU threads. Lovely painting.

For the past few days, any visit to this subforum leaves me with "I HAVE THE POWWERRRRRRRRRR" followed by the theme song inevitably stuck in my head.  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2022, 09:45:20 PM »
Well done - do think Merman and Men at Arms came out best. They look great all together. So, now the terrain?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2022, 10:29:08 PM »
Cool!!!  ;D ;D

What colors did you use gor Skeletor? The purple and the skin are really spot on.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »
Cool!!!  ;D ;D

What colors did you use gor Skeletor? The purple and the skin are really spot on.

Cheers man! The purple is first Shyish Purple Contrast. I first added some deep and rich shading with AP Purple Wash + Scale75 Inktense Blue and highlighted with Foundry Royal Purple B, Royal Purple C and Royal Purple C + AK Ice Yelow. The blue is Talassar Blue Contrast, highlighted with Scale75 Sky Blue, Sky Blue + white and then glazed with AK Fluorescent Blue. Seems like a lot of steps, but it's quite fast to do.