Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685056
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) 6mm Chinese Warring States Kickstarter  (Read 781 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
(COMMERCIAL) 6mm Chinese Warring States Kickstarter
« on: June 28, 2022, 10:43:38 PM »
Lovely selection of mini's from Microworld Games, unfortunately not shipping to the UK because of the VAT position. They will become available via Etsy at some point too, which pre-collects the VAT and so no handling fee plus VAT bill as they arrive...

But great sculpts from Chris Smith of Wakes Emporium.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microworld-games/6mm-chinese-warring-states

My fave four packs from the seventeen on offer.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
Re: (COMMERCIAL) 6mm Chinese Warring States Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 11:04:38 PM »
Nice! It would be tempting to skip 10mm and go directly to 6mm! How new is Microworld Games? The round shields on some of the swordsmen packs seem odd, though.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:13:26 PM by WuZhuiQiu »

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 11:57:07 PM »
They've been around for a while, I was collecting their stuff 5-6 years ago, or maybe more...?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »
Nice! It would be tempting to skip 10mm and go directly to 6mm! How new is Microworld Games? The round shields on some of the swordsmen packs seem odd, though.

We're spoilt for choice in 6mil nowadays...

From the website https://www.microworldgames.com/

"About Us

Microworld Games started from very humble beginnings in 2008.  Initially, I had only intended the company to import Dark Realm Miniatures to the US, and perhaps expand to other lines in the future. 
As time passed, I started to get the bug to produce miniatures of my own.  A longtime fan of 6mm scifi models, I had always wished there were similar offerings for fantasy.  So, armed with very little knowledge, and lots of enthusiasm, I went about emailing casters, moldmakers and sculptors to see about getting models made.  This resulted in our first fantasy release in January of 2009.  Since then, our offerings have expanded to include multiple 6mm fantasy armies, as well as some science fiction options.  The overarching vision for the company is to one day provide the wargaming community with a 6mm fantasy line that rivals other smaller scales in terms of scope, army choice, and terrain.

Steven Salotti"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 10:38:08 AM by 6milPhil »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 12:13:53 PM »
(i accidentally double posted this topic before, my bad)

I've done work for Steve (dieselkrieg in particular) and can highly recommend him. He's got a great passion for the scale and is quite strict when it comes to the quality of his products. This is definitely not vaporware and I'd expect you can order further expansions to your armies for a good long while after the Kickstarter.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)