Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: eMills' digital sculpting and printing (currently Necromunda and Supersystem)  (Read 1408 times)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
So, my awesome wife got me a 3D printer for Christmas this year and that has motivated me to get going on more digital sculpting. This will be my general workbench log related to those two pursuits.

I have always loved Necromunda, even despite its's sometime clunky rules. One of my favorite things included in the setting were the forces of the Adeptus Arbites. I'm also a big (if not well read) fan of Judge Dredd, the obvious (and admitted) inspiration for the Arbites.

With that in mind, I decided to start sculpting my own version of the Arbites, starting with the head and badge:

I have also always loved the Supersystem rules by Scott Pyle, although I've never been the biggest fan of the models. So, as a creative exercise, I decided to redesign the figures in my own style:
First, Perun:

Official figure

My redesign. Still playing with what details I want him to have. Looking for the balance between historical type figure and Superhero. A long way to go.

Next, The Siberian:

Official figure.

My redesign. I'm looking for a balance between 80's Spetsnaz and Superhero. I'm pretty well decided on him, design-wise. Just need to do the detailing.

Next, John Henry:

Official figure.

My redesign. Looking for a feel of Michael Clark Duncan as John Henry the historical figure given the Superhero treatment. A long way to go.

Last for now, Krong the Mighty:

Official figure

My redesign. This one is coming together quickly for some reason. I'm not particularly enamored with the character, but boy am I enjoying sculpting it. lol Most of the detail has been decided, just need to sculpt it all out.

As always, I'd love to hear you folks' comments and critiques on the work I've done so far. Lots of other stuff in progress, and hopefully some printed stuff soon too. Thanks for looking.

~Eric
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:05:02 AM by eMills »

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
Sorry I missed these. I really like the sculpts. Are you going to make them available ever? Keep up the good work!

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Sorry I missed these. I really like the sculpts. Are you going to make them available ever? Keep up the good work!
Possibly.  The creator of the game those come from and I have been talking about that possibility.  I want to wait until I have a few more finished sculpts since between my day job and family responsibilities I'll have a very hard time keeping deadlines or a schedule for more.

There is a better log for supers work on my thread here: Supers Thread

If you mean the Arbites parts, again: possibly.  Once I get the design to a point that I am satisfied with. 

Either way, thank you.  And I must say I love your games. Recently got the Fantasy Collector's Edition. Excellent stuff.