Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686447
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Winter is Coming - Conclusion  (Read 14604 times)

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Winter is Coming - Galbart Glover
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 03:37:14 PM »
Nice work on the conversion! I'm gonna add one to the Mormont guesses, is she Maege Mormont?

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2022, 02:40:21 PM »
Nice work on the freehand on Glover's shield. Really not easy to do!
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2022, 11:23:30 AM »
@Knight-Captain Tyr thanks for the praise!

Both @HappyChappy439 and @Olsson got it right, she's my depiction of Maege Mormont. Since I'm back from France, I do plan on painting her soon. Before doing so, though, I am finally in the proces of painting up my Umber axemen. They should be ready within a few days!

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
Re: Winter is Coming - Umber Axemen
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2022, 02:44:39 PM »
Alright, I finally finished my Umber axemen. The models are a bit more conversion heavy this time. For their bodies, I used the Fireforge Spanish Almughavars. Their halberds are made from the Northmen Warrior speararms with halberd heads added on the top. And to finish it all off, their left arms and heads are from the Folk Rabble box.

I am rather happy with how they turned out. The lack of plated armor on the axemen makes the Greatjon stand out even more as a commander, while the metal studs and matching color scheme still make them fit in together. Hope you like them!

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2022, 05:03:31 PM »
Nice work on the Umbers! The Almughavar bodies work really well!

Also, I like the size difference between the axemen and the Greatjon himself, it really emphasises that he's an absolutely gigantic man in the setting

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »
Nicely done conversions and painting! I like having converted units like yours in armies, they add a unique touch.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum, those models are great - it's brilliant to be really passionate about the subject as it makes the hobby even more fun :D

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
Re: Winter is Coming - Weirwood Trees
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2022, 01:23:19 PM »
Thanks for the praise! Yes, I do love how gigantic the Greatjon looks compared to the axemen. Today, I put the finishing touches on my newest models. Since I will be playing this army as Dunland from MESBG, I need some crebain. That is why I came up with a rather fun idea for them: weirwood trees.

These models were made by using the Scary Woods from North Star, along with flocks of crows glued onto them. To finish it all off, I added in some red Iceland Moss.

IMG-9910" border="0

I really like how they turned out. They do really give that iconic Game of Thrones vibe to the army. Hope you like them too!

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2022, 02:17:41 PM »
Late to the party, sorry.

Fantastic work, Rosie!  I love the conversions and those amazing trees.

Dan

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2022, 02:27:59 PM »
Great work! They've turned out really well!

Online Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2022, 03:43:16 PM »
The trees are cool. Very usable for other fantasy settings too.

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
Re: Winter is Coming - Maege Mormont
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2022, 02:29:51 PM »
Hello there again. After a bit of a break I am happy to announce that I will be back with more valiant Northerners marching to war to stand by their king. The next model you have already seen before I painted her. It's Maege Mormont, the she-bear of Bear Island:

For the painting scheme I mostly based myself on the armor of little lady Mormont during the battle of Winterfell. It mainly consisted of dark leather, which I painted a bit warmer to match the rest of my armor, along with a few metal pieces in between. Her undergarments are black like they are for all of my commanders. For the bear cloak, I went with black as well given that the bear on the Mormont sigil is black.

Overall I'm very happy with how she turned out. She fits in with the rest of my army rather well while also maintaining that unique look. I hope you like her. Stay tuned for more with Halys Hornwood and his longbowmen coming up next!

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2022, 03:44:32 PM »
Nice work! I like the weathering at the base of the bear cloak as well!

Offline Seal

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2022, 07:05:11 AM »
The painting on your miniatures is fantastic. And those trees!! Love the way it all looks. 😃

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
Re: Winter is Coming - Hornwood Longbowmen
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2022, 01:37:26 PM »
Thanks yet again for all the praise! This time I'm back a little sooner to bring you the next northern house ready to march south: house Hornwood.

For the longbowmen themselves I wanted to stay as close to the way they are portrayed in the show as possible. I used the bodies from the Folk Rabble box to resemble their tunics while adding the helmets, arms and scabbards from the Northmen Bowmen.

For Halys Hornwood himself I did a more complex kit bash. I started off with the tunic from the Folk Rabble again along with a head from the same box. Next I added arms, a scabbard and dagger from the Northmen command sprue. After that I cut away some parts of the commander cloak so it would fit on the body then blended it together with greenstuff. To finish it all off I filed a slit into the cloak to fit in a bow onto his back.

For the painting scheme I also went with what I could find on the show. Dirty grey that will be returning on my Karstarks along with brown leather. I decided to go with brown on the belts too this time since I think it adds a bit more variation to the models. For Halys I painted the cloak in the signature black all my commanders have.

I'm quite happy with how they turned out and with Halys in particular. I think I managed to give him a uniquely distinct look from both the longbowmen themselves as the other commanders. Hope you like them!