Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:21:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LeadAdventureForum.com Not Showing in Some Search Engines?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
LeadAdventureForum.com Not Showing in Some Search Engines?
« on: July 14, 2022, 03:23:48 PM »
I don't know why, but when using DuckDuckGo as a search engine, and when typing in leadadventureforum.com specifically, it won't return a link to this site.

I get lots of others, but for some reason this site's address and link is being scrubbed by them.  I suspect it is for other search engines too, since I've seen and experienced that previously as well, and have seen others posting about the same issue over on TMP (The Miniatures Page).

I had to go to the Google search engine, and then to type in the same search address in order to get back here, which is annoying.

Anyone else experience this, or know why this is occurring?

I thought the site owner and admins would want to know this too.

Offline Kelly_

• Bookworm
  • ...the underscore is silent
Re: LeadAdventureForum.com Not Showing in Some Search Engines?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 11:56:39 PM »
Second!  I stopped receiving results on either Lead Adventure Forum or LeadAdventureForum through Bing a while ago, but thought that was just due to filters... have been bookmarking since.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 03:10:57 AM »
Woohoo! That’s just won me a $5 bet. I knew there had to be at least one person who uses Bing. :)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 04:11:31 AM »
Yeah just checked it out on duck duck go. And the lead adventure fourms doesn't show up. Just links to other site or TMP asking what happened to the LAF on the few times it shut down.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »
I've been looking into this over the weekend, and we will see how we can investigate this further.

It appears that the domain has been delisted by Bing and subsequently is no longer returned by Duckduckgo, which uses Bing as one of their search engine sources. Such a delisting is apparently easy to cause since Bing does not validate their quality factors the way Google does, so a large number of backlinks rated poorly by Bing may have caused the domain to drop (no comment if this is "organic" or was caused with malicious intent).

Still, given the respective search volumes on Bing vs. Google and other search engines, it is an issue to be followed up on, but not of immediate concern. Google search appears to remain unaffected, and since the forum itself is an added value site and not a commercial venture in itself, it is an annoyance right now.

We'll see what we can do, but if it is indeed due to spammy backlinks on sites beyond our control, little may come from it.