Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690694
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1009
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CapnJim's Pulp Stuff (2nd Matewan Convention Game AAR - Pg 15...08 Nov 23)  (Read 30896 times)

Offline miros

• Bookworm
Re: CapnJim's Pulp Stuff (2nd Game - "Prisoner Swap Gone Bad" 16 Aug 22).
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2022, 03:18:29 PM »
Great AAR, sounds like a fun scenario.  I finally found some of those sidewalks, they are scarce now that 4Ground is out of business.

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 01:41:38 AM »
Thanks, chaps!

Mike, it was great having you up.  Glad you enjoyed it!

miros - In hindsight, yeah, I'm glad I got them when I did.  Glad you found some!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 10:57:20 PM »
And, Jaye, it is indeed unfortunate you shan't make Advance the Colors.  Fear not, though.  I imagine I'll be able to take my show on the road your way one of these times...

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »
Capn Jim, we are still picking a weekend for Wiley Wargames Weekend in October and it might end up on same weekend as Advance the Colors. I don't consider Ohio the Midwest.  lol That's Yankee territory.

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2022, 06:29:57 PM »
Capn Jim, we are still picking a weekend for Wiley Wargames Weekend in October and it might end up on same weekend as Advance the Colors. I don't consider Ohio the Midwest.  lol That's Yankee territory.

Well, keep me posted.  As I said (typed?), one of these times...

And it would do you well, sir, to keep in mind that most of the "Midwest" (about which, by the way, there is some disagreement about its composition) was also "Yankee" territory...  :D

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 02:34:59 AM »
I don't consider Ohio the Midwest.  lol That's Yankee territory.

Ohio is an interesting mix of influences both past and present. In settlement days, southern and central Ohio was settled by Southerners (lots of Virginians) moving north. However, simultaneously, the northeast (Cleveland) was settled by New Englanders. Thus, the historical basis for the Cleveland vs. Cincinnati rivalry!  lol

Still, Ohioans consider themselves Midwesterners. But then again, so do people from Wisconsin!! It's all relative, I guess...  ;)

It would have been great if you could join us at Advance the Colors. Our local Sunday night group here in Columbus has been playing a lot of Wiley Games. My friend Keith is running Star Wars games using Starfighters. I am running Post-Apocalyptic using the Core Rules.

Mike Demana

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 10:36:02 PM »
It would have been great if you could join us at Advance the Colors. Our local Sunday night group here in Columbus has been playing a lot of Wiley Games. My friend Keith is running Star Wars games using Starfighters. I am running Post-Apocalyptic using the Core Rules.

And of course, there will be my 2 games at Advance the Colors (the "Prisoner Swap Gone bad" game shown in this thread, and a WW2 game centered on the fight on D-Day for the Le Fiere bridge), both using rules from the Fistful of Lead stable...one day, Jaye, one day...

Meanwhile, back at the painting table, I've had a church for some time now.  But no men of the cloth to go with it.  No more can I say that.  Here are some pics of 2 such figures I just did today.  The bespectacled priest holding the Bible is Father Mulcahy from Warlord's MASH set.  the Protestant Minister is a Footsore figure from their Irish War or Independence range.  The first 3 pics below show them in front of the bespoke bar, while the last pic shows them in front of their church.  These can be used for just about any setting in the last 100 years or so... 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Nicely done. :-*

Beware of clergymen and strong drink. My grandfather was one of the very few people I knew who could drink me under the table. Admittedly, his skills were finely honed with 20 odd years in the RAF.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Great figs, Jim! I particularly love the expression on the Protestant minister's face...

Mike Demana

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Carlos:  Thanks!  And as someone raised in the Catholic Church, I am versed in the connection between the clergy and libations.  In fact, our Brigade Chaplain in Germany used to buy us beers at the Officers' Club. 8)

Mike:  Thanks, too!  Methinks he's trying to convert Father Mulcahy... :D

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Another great read, it's only taken me 2 weeks to get round to this. but well worth the wait.  ::)

It's always interesting to play the same or similar scenario and see how things usually pan out differently. When the Mad Lord makes it up here I have a similar 3 sided game planned, if we can get Doug on a remote link using some sort of new fangelled technology that's recently been invented.
The Mabel Street Mob will try and take down the Bank in Little Whiskey, a small town in the South West, that's your South West not mine. The local cops might have something to say about it, unless the bribes been taken. The Bank staff will certainly not give up the money easily and I'm sure the local citizens will join in to save their savings.
Cheers

Oh by the way, my camp has a well now.  ;)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks, Vagabond!  Looking forward to news on the bank heist.

And I've made a few poignant comments in your thread about the escape plan that's afoot......

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
Missouri to Ohio drive would test the limits of patience as a human being. The drive to GenCon was 9 hours and almost ended in murder.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Missouri to Ohio drive would test the limits of patience as a human being. The drive to GenCon was 9 hours and almost ended in murder.

You could always come over to this side of the pond.  lol lol lol

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
Has.been I do, yearly. I'll be at Salute this year.