Forum > Adventures in the Far East

Boshin War Project

(1/6) > >>

Mudyinsquall:
Hi all!

First post on a forum I have lurked for way too long, so thought I would give this a shot.

The Boshin War is one of my favourite Japanese Conflicts/Periods even surpassing the Sengoku Jidai for me. The build up to the conflict and all its wonderful characters/groups is truly fascinating. I have spent many hours lurking the forum checking out some of the old threads and reading/watching films regarding the conflict.

As such I made a start last May with a few key goals in mind.

1. Create forces for both Shogunate and Imperials primarily for use with Sharp Practice
2. Gather enough to recreate some of the battles playing solo/or with an opponent(at least for a large skirmish level)
3. The Conflicts I am aiming to fight are mainly around the Aizu War (Battle of Bonari Pass/Siege of Aizu), so expect mainly clan troops with some Shogunate support.

So to start off this I will be showing my current completed Imperials. I have 8 more Choshu troops on the bench and a few other officers, but they are essentially complete.

This completed leaves me with the following;
2 Groups of Satsuma with Rifled Muskets or BL
3 Groups of Choshu with Rifled Muskets or BL
2 Groups of Jinshotai Skirmishers
2 "Parrott" Guns (Medium Cannons)

Then various Officers as can be seen in the images including Saigo Takamori and his main man Kirino Toshiaki.

Just want to thank Bach Ninh Miniatures for such a wonderful range!

Stay tuned for more posts of the WIP Shogunate Forces.

Andy

commissarmoody:
They look great, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the Shoguns forces.

OSHIROmodels:
Great stuff  :)

What proxies did you use for the guns and crew?

Mudyinsquall:
Thanks both!

@OSHIROmodels - The crew and guns are from the Perry BIF range: https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/bif-29-royal-artillery-loading-12-pounder-armstrong/

Simple head swap of course ;)

Grumpy Gnome:
Looking good! 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version