Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686497
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Richard De la Pole to join the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
Richard De la Pole to join the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles
« on: July 22, 2022, 11:48:59 AM »
To the Italian Wars subject matter experts; I am hoping to introduce Richard De la Pole to the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles as a major character in command of some dodgy French and renegade landsknechts.
What I need is advise as to his flag?
What figure would you recommend in 28mm for him?
Thanks in advance
Guy T

Offline Sandinista

• Assistant
Re: Richard De la Pole to join the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 11:15:31 PM »
I had similar thoughts a while ago and came up with these ideas https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=120954.msg1517168#msg1517168

Ian

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 07:10:56 AM »
To the Italian Wars subject matter experts; I am hoping to introduce Richard De la Pole to the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles as a major character in command of some dodgy French and renegade landsknechts.
What I need is advise as to his flag?
What figure would you recommend in 28mm for him?
Thanks in advance
Guy T
what is this Von Trinkenessen Chronicles you speak of?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 06:08:02 PM »
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, just had to trek across to the other side of the country for eldest son's university graduation.
The VTC is what you do when GW drops Warhammer Fantasy ,replacing it with a different system leaving you with shed loads of renaissance and renaissance fantasy figures. So rather than rebuild and play Warhammer 1K. I decided to go down the route of using these figures for a Renaissance fantasy set against the backdrop of the Italian Wars. We have replaced magic with science as science is the magicof the renaissance.
After looking around for a set of warGAME rules not a simulation I came across: Condottiere by Frank Chadwick sold by Foundry.
They have their faults , it was definately Frank on a Friday afternoon or very poor editing , errors, omissions and enough holes to charge a unit of Gendarmes through, just what I was looking for . My sons love the fate deck and have great fun in thwarting dad's grand plan by zapping me with one of the cards.
So in essence it's more Da Vinci's Demons than George Gush ( whose rules inspired me in my 20's).

It is set in around the early 1520s it's pre Pavia , we have both fictitious and historical characters mixed in , although we play fast and loose with the historicals as some should really be long dead by then.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 05:28:08 AM »
Oh that is very cool and sound interesting. And don't worry. I just completed a move from the west coast of the US to the east coast. So I feel your pain.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 06:42:02 PM »
Would relish reading some after action reports or campaign background pieces, if you have them.  Sounds great fun.

Offline George1863

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 07:55:06 PM »
Some variation applicable to a seventh son of the 2nd Earl of Suffolk, which has the royal arms quartered with family motifs (lion's heads and angel's wings etc). I am not sure, but presumably Richard had not renounced his claim as Yorkist pretender before Pavia, which was why he was in exile. Ironically, the seventh son in heraldic cadency would normally be represented by a red rose - as the House of Lancaster, of course.