Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: some new "one thousand and one night" type buildings for M.East  (Read 1509 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
just discovered an Italian shop (https://terreostili.it/) that  sell those exotic desert type/M. East buildings..Even if  aimed more at Fantasy type games , in my opinion, not bad at all for India, NWF for a Fakir house or a Caid one in  Morocco and the prices are OK...i asked the owner who had been very kind  to make for me a comparison shot of the buildings close to a 28mm mini (heroic type) ...do you think it's the right scale for 28mm colonial games?..otherwise there is also the option to have them printed in 30mm scale...well sometimes space is an issue in a wargame table..what do you think?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:17:44 PM by italwars »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: some new "one thousand and one night" type buildings for M.East
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:28:28 PM »
I think 30mm might be a better bit - looks a bit tight as it is, and those figures aren't even based.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Porsenna

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 12:58:22 PM »
Looks like a good fit to me. If you are worried maybe you can ask if they cane scale the buildings up slightly when the print them?

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:20 AM »
I'm a big fan of those model buildings!  I agree that many of the structures, buildings, tents, etc., can fit very well in historical miniature games set in Afghanistan, the Middle-East, North Africa, etc.

I believe they were originally created for the "Empire of Scorching Sands" "Desert Fantasy" terrain kickstarter campaign from 2020, which was very successful...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecaroth/empire-of-scorching-sands-3d-printable-tabletop-models/description

They can also be bought on Etsy.com from a variety of sellers...

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=empire+scorching+sands

That's where I bought and painted one for my Afghan games...

I chose that particular building because I found its overall design and the shape of its dome was a good match for a South Asian Buddhist Stupa, some of which can still be found in the Afghan/Pakistan border region where the Kushan empire flourished in the 1st-4th Centuries AD...

I found the 28mm version worked well scale-wise with my 28mm troops and terrain.  You can see an old Wargames Foundry Pathan tribesman posed on its roof in the pic below.  Note that particular pic was taken before the building was fully weathered...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:29:39 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 01:18:25 PM »
Thanks Ethan..my friend
so kind to post a pict of NWF landscape which include a piece that very range of building and even well painted  ;) :)
The ETSY seller that i choosed was an Italian one ..so much easy to save on postage ecc..he proposed me two options..one in 28mm, the other in 30/32mm
so according to your valuable experience you would suggest me...even for the building, same range, that i woul like to order  (see the rendering/pict at the beginning of the thread) the 28mm option which is the one of  my pict?
many thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:20:28 PM by italwars »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 05:57:52 PM »
Pier Paolo, yes.  I ordered the 28mm version and as you can see above, am happy with it.  I’m also happy you can order it from a supplier within Italy!  No pressure, but when yours is painted & on your table, please try to post some pics!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 03:42:47 AM by Mad Guru »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 07:31:32 PM »
Ok thanks for the expert suggestion :-))
I’ll order it from Florence the homeland of many Italian artists :-)
Probably I’ll try to paint it and customize for a North African landscape such as Morocco ..pale colours and maybe some contrasts ..but I know that, in any case, like  me, you also like Legionnaires vs Berbers/touaregs settings :-)

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 09:19:02 AM »
Pier Paolo which is your Florence supplier? I'm a little bit scared that after looking at Ethan's painted model they will seem very poor...  lol Ethan a great compliment for your tents!!! (I know who was hidden there few monts ago... ;))

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 10:25:55 PM »
Ciao Giorgio
I find her on ETSY but she also proposed me to go directly to her business web catalogue to order goods:
https://terreostili.it/
Now to find alternative Italian supply sources than UK has become, unfortunately, almost necessary after I’ve been robbed of 24 euro of supposed import taxes for an order of about 20£ by the mafiosi/gangsters of Poste Italiane🤬
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 10:27:44 PM by italwars »

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 02:07:23 AM »
 :-[ :'( :( :( :( :(

Now to find alternative Italian supply sources than UK has become, unfortunately, almost necessary after I’ve been robbed of 24 euro of supposed import taxes for an order of about 20£ by the mafiosi/gangsters of Poste Italiane🤬
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 10:59:10 AM »
Buying from UK is becoming unaffordable, I've just been hit in my order to Empress... but they are so pretty miniatures... I could not resist. ANd I needed camels and goat to provide some baits for Piero's Afridis  ;) lol
Yes Terre Ostili is a good place to order many nice things. Let us know turn around time and costs please when you get them

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 12:55:34 PM »
I'll try to buy some from Terra Ostili  ;)
the work Ethan has done is superb , mine will not be of the same level.