Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) NOW LIVE! Heraldic Waterslide Decals for Wargaming Part 2  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hello everyone! The first Heraldic Waterslide Decal Kickstarter was quite a hit, so I decided to continue on with the series and work on the next set of waterslide decals. I just released the pre-launch page for the next batch and you can now follow it on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/destroycarthago/heraldic-waterslide-decals-for-wargaming-part-2

Here's some of my own models in my collection I've been experimenting using decals on. More images and details to come with the launch of the campaign.

In the first project I focused on a sort of Bretonnian style by presenting the decals in rows of 9. One row would give you a single colour of an animal or mythical creature and included the same image facing left 5 times while the other 4 images faced right. This time I've changed the format of the decal sheets - now instead of 9 of the same image with different facings there will only be 5 images and now a single row has 10 images total. That means that there are more image variation per sheet and there's more decals per sheet as well. Additionally, I've experimented and decided to include miniature versions of some of the decals that worked out in tracing for people who want to include multiples of the same image on a shield or banner.

Finally, the main two sheets in the campaign will contain humans, plants, symbols, and weapons/equipment while the stretch goals focus entirely on unlocking a whole bunch of different crosses. This is my attempt to use different imagery instead of focusing just on animals and mythical beasts. More details and pictures to come with the launch of the campaign.

I'm aiming to launch the campaign sometime during this week (first week of August 2022) or the weekend, so feel free to follow the campaign along to be notified about the launch! Thank you everyone for checking it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/destroycarthago/heraldic-waterslide-decals-for-wargaming-part-2
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:17:21 PM by Wiegraf »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Looking good so far. I can't wait to see all the charges.
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Looking good so far. I can't wait to see all the charges.

Thanks MaleGriffin! I just hit launch so the campaign is now live so you and everyone else can now check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/destroycarthago/heraldic-waterslide-decals-for-wargaming-part-2/

Thank you everyone for the interest! I just launched it today and we're almost funded within an hour! Thank you!

I've got some Youtube videos up as well for anyone interested in checking out more and how they apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys24MOzNVNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAYUt-ukFYA

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hello again everyone. Just want to send out a thank you and a shout out to all of you from Lead Adventure forums that came and backed the project. We funded quickly and all the stretch goals were unlocked, so thank you for that! It's been a great pleasure to work with all you and I'm excited to keep promoting the campaign. Thanks again. :)

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Stunning decals - what is planned for set 3?

I take it set 2 will also be available on Etsy?

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Stunning decals - what is planned for set 3?

I take it set 2 will also be available on Etsy?

Etsy is the plan!

For series 3, there's two routes I am exploring.

I can either finish the same source I am getting my current decals from

or I'm going to take a break from Heraldry from the original source, and try a new one. Not sure yet, but be it the 3rd or by the 4th, I think I'll be moving into different styles of decals :)

Offline DragonWyrm

• Assistant
They look nice. Not sure about the Nature and Astronomy Sheet. I like the plants, but all the astronomy stuff is too easy to paint and therefore not something I would use. The one exception is the sun.

Etsy is the plan!

For series 3, there's two routes I am exploring.

I can either finish the same source I am getting my current decals from

or I'm going to take a break from Heraldry from the original source, and try a new one. Not sure yet, but be it the 3rd or by the 4th, I think I'll be moving into different styles of decals :)
I would say to finish the source so you don't leave it half complete. I would also recommend an option to segregate the sheets based on the sourcebook. Allowing for people that do minimal research to be more specific in the time period and location.

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
They look nice. Not sure about the Nature and Astronomy Sheet. I like the plants, but all the astronomy stuff is too easy to paint and therefore not something I would use. The one exception is the sun.

They are indeed simple to paint compared to other imagery, but I had to include them since they're quite commonly seen on a lot of heraldry. :)

I would say to finish the source so you don't leave it half complete. I would also recommend an option to segregate the sheets based on the sourcebook. Allowing for people that do minimal research to be more specific in the time period and location.

I think I am Leaning that way. :)

Recently I shared some comparison shots in an update next to other popular companies' decals. I hope this can give you all an idea about scale and size of the decals that you would all be backing for.

There's still 18 days to go! Lots of time to back. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/destroycarthago/heraldic-waterslide-decals-for-wargaming-part-2/  Thanks again to everyone for the interest!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:55:10 PM by Wiegraf »

Offline DragonWyrm

• Assistant
They are indeed simple to paint compared to other imagery, but I had to include them since they're quite commonly seen on a lot of heraldry. :)

For me, the issue is that they are on a sheet that is half complicated designs. The complicated designs are something I can see getting the simple ones are not. To my eyes, this results in the sheet having a bad value. Especially since the WOTR roses are something that I would like a large amount if I ever used them (requiring multiple sheets).

I have nothing against them being included since painting stars can get boring.  ;)

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hey everyone! The project will be coming to an end soon. There's only 4 days left to go so the project will end this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone for backing and checking out the campaign and unlocking everything. If you've backed I'll be sending out reward surveys next week so you can tell me what decal sheets you are after. If you haven't backed yet and would like to, nows the time to do so!

Thanks again everyone.  Here's the link to the campaign once again:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/destroycarthago/heraldic-waterslide-decals-for-wargaming-part-2

And finally a mix of series 1 and 2 together, just for fun. Cheers!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 04:11:56 AM by Wiegraf »

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Re: (Kickstarter) NOW LIVE! Heraldic Waterslide Decals for Wargaming Part 2
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 06:06:09 PM »
Hey everyone. As I am writing this there is only 7 hours left on the campaign. Special thanks to all of you once again for checking it out on Lead Adventure and to those of you supporting it on Kickstarter.

Just a final shot to share with you all as it comes to a close. I'll be getting surveys out soon after it ends today. Looking forward to see which decal sheets backers are most interested in. :)

I've seen a few people sharing their work now using Series 1 decals - looking forward to seeing the results everyone works with using series 2! Thanks again everyone.