Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:27:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Silver Bayonet - The Future?  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
Re: Silver Bayonet - The Future?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2022, 09:43:30 PM »
I plan on fielding some Frenchmen in Canada…just a few sent to raise an insurrection but who got caught up in supernatural problems.  If we can envision a French expedition to Ireland, Scotland or Wales, i don’t see too much of a stretch getting small groups of Frenchmen into Canada, New Orleans or the Caribbean.  Northstar has some decent French sailor packs and i think the Dracula’s America voudou cultists could make a fine unit for SB.  i think they only have a few anachronisms in their kit and a kitbashed flintlock pistol might be an easy fix for a six shooter.

US forces in Europe?  i could see a supernatural investigator group landing in Spain or France easy.  These guys are fighting a greater struggle and go where the fiends are.  someone read it in the stars…
Mick

aka Mick the Metalsmith
www.michaelhaymanjewelry.com

Margate and New Orleans

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2024, 02:54:29 AM »
Well… we have Europe (core book), Carpathians, Canada, Egypt, and now Italy.

I guess this game has had a great future since this thread was originally posted.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 03:01:44 AM by Mr. White »

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2024, 10:26:43 AM »
Just been reading this thread with some bemusement about how it was dying  lol ;D

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2024, 04:50:50 PM »
Just been reading this thread with some bemusement about how it was dying  lol ;D

The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated  ;)

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2024, 01:22:05 PM »
Look's like a good excuse to add a few Neapolitans to my collection  :D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2024, 01:42:54 PM »

IT'S ALIVE !!!

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2024, 08:26:19 PM »
So we have Italy and Egypt coming, any word on the possibilities for  South America, Danes/Swedes/Finns, Ireland and UK, West Indies, Greece/Ottoman Empire, or India for settings?

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2024, 02:03:42 PM »
Code: [Select]
So we have Italy and Egypt coming, any word on the possibilities for  South America, Danes/Swedes/Finns, Ireland and UK, West Indies, Greece/Ottoman Empire, or India for settings?
No word on any of these as yet, and probably not for some time if at all. Having said that, I have purchased a few Greeks just on the off chance  :D

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2024, 09:16:59 PM »
Code: [Select]
No word on any of these as yet, and probably not for some time if at all. Having said that, I have purchased a few Greeks just on the off chance  :D

Egypt out in May & Italy October if I remember right

https://www.ospreypublishing.com/uk/silver-bayonet-egypt-9781472858863/

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2024, 03:57:23 PM »
Essentially, the game got a little tangled up in my employment with Osprey. It was the last project I did as an 'employee', and I wasn't sure if I would continue with the game afterwards. It took awhile, but Osprey convinced me, and I convinced them to recruit some other help, so now the game has quite a bright future!

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2024, 07:07:19 PM »
Essentially, the game got a little tangled up in my employment with Osprey. It was the last project I did as an 'employee', and I wasn't sure if I would continue with the game afterwards. It took awhile, but Osprey convinced me, and I convinced them to recruit some other help, so now the game has quite a bright future!

Will any of these new volumes expand into a more RPG like treatment of plot, characterization of  recurring NPCs, and setting? I have yet to see even the first supplement yet to judge (I plan on purchasing a pdf soon), but I would really prefer some heavily fleshed out campaigns rather than just a slightly different version of non-refereed skirmish scenarios with some new monsters.  will any volume expand on the spells available to players?

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2024, 08:37:53 PM »

I, for one, am very happy that the game is both continuing with you and that it has grown to the place where it will continue without you as well. I enjoyed Ash's contributions in Canada and I'm eager to see what you have cooked up for Egypt and what is waiting for us in Italy

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2024, 04:09:58 PM »
I was looking at some Black Scorpion pirates today and thinking, "Silver Cutlass..." Am I crazy?