Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Andor (possible spoilers)  (Read 14983 times)

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Andor (possible spoilers)
« on: August 01, 2022, 02:21:36 PM »
This is one I’m really looking forward to  8)

https://youtu.be/cKOegEuCcfw

Looks to be an expansive budget, some good actors, some great visual transitions between the originals and the prequels and more importantly, so much gaming potential  :D

Let’s try and keep it focussed on the series itself and gaming if we can  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:44:30 PM by OSHIROmodels »
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Andor
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 06:06:21 PM »
It does look good. Especially the iconic scrapyard scene, and that flying gantry spaceship whatever thing which I want a closer look at!

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 06:32:34 PM »
It looks brilliant ... but I doubt I'll ever see more than the trailer since it's on Disney+
I despair at the fragmentation of the movie industry. These things deserve to be seen on a big screen with excellent sound systems ... and popcorn. Not watched on a phone or laptop.
</dinosaur mode>
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 07:17:07 PM »
It looks brilliant ... but I doubt I'll ever see more than the trailer since it's on Disney+
I despair at the fragmentation of the movie industry. These things deserve to be seen on a big screen with excellent sound systems ... and popcorn. Not watched on a phone or laptop.
</dinosaur mode>

That goes for me too. :(

Offline sasori

• Bookworm
  • Oh really?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 10:39:53 PM »
SAW muthaflippin' GERRERA!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
YEAH BABY Yeah!.
Viewer suppression is advised.

Terry "the other white meat" m

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 01:55:32 AM »
Oh yes!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 11:08:04 AM »
Looks very promising.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 11:12:30 AM »
is it the prelude to "Rogue One"? Looks very good.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »
That does look good. I thought the first half of Rogue One was the best Star Wars thing for ages, so if this is more of that it'll be fantastic.

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 01:19:00 AM »
It looks okay, but I fear will suffer from the same problem as Boba Fett and Obi Wan.  Established characters with known arcs as the main leading to lack luster plots.

The Mandalorian works precisely because they are all new characters, and the legacy characters only show up for cameos in ways that don't affect their overall story arc. 

Here's hoping it doesn't suffer from it's inability to kill anyone (Cobb, Inquisitor A+B, Fennec Shand, Fett, etc)
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 02:59:40 AM »
Very much looking forward to this. There's allot of potential here to do Mando-like exploration of a non-central character's adventures.

My standard for new SW is simply that it as long as it's better than the 3 prequel films then I'm just happy to be back in that universe.   Keeps my expectations realistic so that in addition to being impressed by Mando and Rogue 1, I can enjoy average offerings like solo and Obi Wan and even drive derive pleasure from flawed installments like episodes 7-9 and Boba Fett.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 08:15:49 AM »
Looking forward to this. Start of the rebellion.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 08:46:52 AM »
It looks okay, but I fear will suffer from the same problem as Boba Fett and Obi Wan.  Established characters with known arcs as the main leading to lack luster plots.

The Mandalorian works precisely because they are all new characters, and the legacy characters only show up for cameos in ways that don't affect their overall story arc. 

Here's hoping it doesn't suffer from it's inability to kill anyone (Cobb, Inquisitor A+B, Fennec Shand, Fett, etc)

I thought the big problem with Boba Fett was that you had a clueless OAP in the title role - one of the few series I've seen where the best bits were those without the lead character. I thought the Mandalorian worked because it just followed the "Clint in space" vibe, and you didn't need good acting when the lead character was wearing a suit of armour for 95% of the show. Star Wars had a brilliant vision of the future in terms of set design and visuals - it just needs someone who can add good plot, dialogue and acting to the mix.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »
looks promissing
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 04:21:17 PM »
I thought the big problem with Boba Fett was that you had a clueless OAP in the title role - one of the few series I've seen where the best bits were those without the lead character. I thought the Mandalorian worked because it just followed the "Clint in space" vibe, and you didn't need good acting when the lead character was wearing a suit of armour for 95% of the show. Star Wars had a brilliant vision of the future in terms of set design and visuals - it just needs someone who can add good plot, dialogue and acting to the mix.
What's an OAP?
My biggest issue (besides the shiny bikers) was that Fett talked so much, going against one of the most iconic aspects of the character.  I read somewhere that  Temura felt the same way.  I would have much preferred less talking more nuance from writers and directors who trusted their viewers.

I prefer small stories without galaxy spanning implications told well and I don't mind at all if they're somewhat derivative  Mando nailed that while hitting every western trope in just the right way.  Fett could have been the same with gangster tropes but fell a bit flat. 

Andor could pull a Mando with spy tropes. Fingers crossed...