Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686487
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Civilians for Stargrave?  (Read 5711 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Civilians for Stargrave?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »
Yeah, always down for some civilian figs.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 05:06:30 AM »
I set my games on a desert world & use the Noresmian Nights range for civilians along with various others.
There's a lot of historical,particularly feudal types, available on-line but it's hard to find dedicated Sci-Fi alright.
I too would love a set dedicated to sci-fi types.
Sci-Fi Pilgrims range on Etsy have 3 sets & are very Sci-Fi agnostic. I'd recommend them

Would love to pick the Noresmian figures up.

Offline NotifyGrout

• Librarian
  • Sub-Random, Cut-Up, Trident
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 03:17:13 PM »
The existing Crew sets are a good start for civilians as long as you can find enough arms that aren’t holding weapons. A dedicated civilian set or parts sprue would be a brilliant addition, though, and give a lot more variety!

A pick-and-mix robot set with a few non-combat utility arms, etc, would also  add some possibilities for civilian cyborgs and ‘bots.

This is the way. Wargames Atlantic has something like this with their Death Fields Upgrade Sprue. If nothing else, it would be nice to have more ready-to-go options for models that aren't holding a weapon in one hand.
https://www.instagram.com/notify_grout/
Current projects: collecting way too many vintage Warzone models.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2022, 06:06:07 PM »
What would be equally useful is the "other" hand (neutral or carrying something).

Of course you can then pair a right and left "other" hand for a civilian.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 10:59:22 PM »
If you don't mind them being a bit bigger (and this can be helped by using 1mm bases) than your Stargrave minis, Heroclix is a great source for civies.  I've bought a ton of them for my Christmas train layout and there are loads available for a buck or less each.

https://chicagovalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/2021/12/heroclix-cheap-painted-148-figures-for.html

They're typically around 34mm if you're buy recent figures made prior to the 2021 scale change which jumped  to 40mm+.   If you buy figures from the early days, of the game, they are typically in the 28-31mm range.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 01:25:24 AM »
There are quite a few 3D printed Sci-fi figures available on Etsy in 28mm and 32mm scale. Including quite a few unarmed civilians, though these are often mixed with armed civilians.

Alas I do my sci-fi gaming in 20mm and so most are no use to me.

They can be quite pricey if postage is not local.
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 12:30:38 AM »
Personally, I would get aftermarket hands and arms from Anvil Industry, Mad Robot, any manufacturer that makes aftermarket bits will have kits with non-weapon hands and arms.

As far as seated models are concerned,  there are plenty of WW2 kits with seated crews that have separate bodies and legs. I'm pretty sure Mad Robot makes seated legs as well. Anvil industry as well, but I'm fairly certain they are designed for use with their heavy weapons kits.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues