Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689780
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Casting Room Iberians. How does scale compare to Victrix and V&V ?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
These Iberians by Casting Room in Uk look cool.   I'm wondering how they compare, size wise, to Victrix Iberians ?   

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
Re: Casting Room Iberians. How does scale compare to Victrix and V&V ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 01:51:24 PM »
They do look good!
Are Casting Room the ex Foundry figures?
If they are they’ll likely be pretty small compared to Victrix

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:22:27 PM »
I’ve got Casting Room Persians, they fit perfectly with my Victrix Persians.
They are big, they remind me of the fantastic Ancient Germans from Foundry, in stature.

Price is off the scale, but they are beautiful.

When you get your delivery it even says ‘from Foundry’  lol
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 06:50:24 PM »
Sometimes you get lucky with Casting Room, sometimes you get figures sculpted by gibbons... It's a shame as they are some really nice interesting subjects, but there are reasons that they are not in the main Foundry catalogue.

I got some of the story when I visited a few years back. The gist of it was that a previous management had at some point decided to get the slightly diminuitive but exquisite ranges mainly sculpted by the Perrys and Dave Gallagher(?) resculpted a bit larger to match up with the more recent ranges. Some of them seemed to have used other Foundry figures as dollies but not all of them. The results were a mixed bag and some were never released.

The new management quietly shelved the project until Casting Room Miniatures was born... While I was there getting a closer look at the figures I found, joy of joy, some packs of Carthaginian Pikemen! As I thought it would be rude to laugh right in their faces, I bought a few packs to take home and enjoy at leisure (and I knew it would enrage my friend Les, a big Carthie fan...)

Here's a few of them. I think they are not bad looked at on their own merits. Remind me a bit of Irregular Miniature, which I own scads of. The chap on the far right is a Crusader Spaniard and the one second from the left is a Gripping Beast Libyan, for the sake of comparison. As you can see sizewise they stand up well, VERY close in size to Victrix Punics too.

I have seen quite a few of them mixed in with other ranges to great effect and as is often the case, the painting style and skill counts for a lot. If they were waaaay cheaper I'd have a lot more of them; great for adding variety. And who doesn't need armoured Lusitanians in their life!

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 10:48:39 PM »
I’ve got Casting Room Persians, they fit perfectly with my Victrix Persians.
They are big, they remind me of the fantastic Ancient Germans from Foundry, in stature.

Price is off the scale, but they are beautiful.

When you get your delivery it even says ‘from Foundry’  lol

Thanks Tim

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:50:56 PM »
Sometimes you get lucky with Casting Room, sometimes you get figures sculpted by gibbons... It's a shame as they are some really nice interesting subjects, but there are reasons that they are not in the main Foundry catalogue.

I got some of the story when I visited a few years back. The gist of it was that a previous management had at some point decided to get the slightly diminuitive but exquisite ranges mainly sculpted by the Perrys and Dave Gallagher(?) resculpted a bit larger to match up with the more recent ranges. Some of them seemed to have used other Foundry figures as dollies but not all of them. The results were a mixed bag and some were never released.

The new management quietly shelved the project until Casting Room Miniatures was born... While I was there getting a closer look at the figures I found, joy of joy, some packs of Carthaginian Pikemen! As I thought it would be rude to laugh right in their faces, I bought a few packs to take home and enjoy at leisure (and I knew it would enrage my friend Les, a big Carthie fan...)

Here's a few of them. I think they are not bad looked at on their own merits. Remind me a bit of Irregular Miniature, which I own scads of. The chap on the far right is a Crusader Spaniard and the one second from the left is a Gripping Beast Libyan, for the sake of comparison. As you can see sizewise they stand up well, VERY close in size to Victrix Punics too.

I have seen quite a few of them mixed in with other ranges to great effect and as is often the case, the painting style and skill counts for a lot. If they were waaaay cheaper I'd have a lot more of them; great for adding variety. And who doesn't need armoured Lusitanians in their life!

Thanks for the detailed info Adam.   I can probably handle the high price for a small bunch of figures as long as they'll work- size wise. As you say the armoured Lusitanians look a necessity for a serious ancient Iberian army !    I'll get these dudes too.   

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 11:09:39 AM »
I've emailed Casting Room twice in past 2 weeks and no reply.  Does anyone know if they are still in business ??

Offline Mpanko

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Yes - I had an email from them two days ago. :)