Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Clockwork Goblin Konflict47  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
Clockwork Goblin Konflict47
« on: August 25, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »
Does anyone have any infr on CG expanding their 15mm range?  They were going to release the rest of the range, but they have not updated their website for ages?

Thanks 

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
Re: Clockwork Goblin Konflict47
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 10:01:37 AM »
Have you tried contacting them?

CG and K47 is a bit of a weird history, as K47 started with them, then went to Warlords who are still selling it. Last year though some of the ranges are being moved around a few companies as Warlord acquired another company who will sell the Cruel Seas stuff, rather than Warlords webstore.

It was about then the K47 minis came back on CG website around the time of Dust47 wrapping up I think.

Warlord are doing there annual open day on the 3rd September so they may talk about plans with there ranges including K47 (though equally they may not), depending on John Stallard's, and Rick Priestley's and etal ramblings. I would imagine if K47 is going back to CG then they could start developing and expanding out the range, there maybe be weird contractual limitations/obligations etc in the background whilst its still linked in with Warlords.

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 07:09:31 AM »
K47 with Warlord has nothing to do with CG as they kept the rights to produce the minis in 15mm.  I'll ask CG, I really hope they do expand the range.

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 02:47:51 PM »
https://warlord-community.warlordgames.com/warlord-games-acquires-konflikt-47/?fbclid=IwAR3i-dSMKh16D-hPsS813WiJLcfv_5buuXCahdJ3Q8If8PETrl_WI6__a6w

Nothing specific about the 15mm range, but if Warlord is buying the full IP rights then the 15mm stuff is either going away, will be licensed back to CG from Warlord, or Warlord will be adding another scale to their inventory I imagine.

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 03:00:59 PM »
Sad news people, sad news indeed.

In a effort to annoy Frostie (and to try and make his comments looks fallacious) it’s seems (judging by todays email) that warlord games has purchased the rights to K47 in their entirety.

I’m not certain but I’d imagine this means that the CG 15mm line will (if it hasn’t already) soon be unavailable and I’d stock up on any bits you don’t yet have. I’ve just checked whilst typing and so far no changes or updates on the CG website and the shop is still operable.

Apologies to any whose day is even slightly darkened by this news (I’d like more Spinne’s and some other bits but can’t currently afford them). Sadly this will probably kill my gaming in K47 as my current forces are more a bit odd than truly weird war.

As an attempt to mollify any in the same boat I found an company that makes STLs of WWW2 chaps suitable for K47 and available in 15mm from Etsy licensed printers (others may exist). Search for Kyoushuneko + 15mm on Etsy and you should find them.

Good luck and apologies again,
Andrew
BALM

Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 03:02:09 PM »
Apologies AZSteven’s message was posted whilst I was typing.

BALM

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 05:20:50 AM »
I think it is a very bad news. Warlord bought ranges and after this they were never seen again (or only few packs). I think it is the end of K47. I think the last new release is over three years old…
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 09:54:42 AM »
@Nurgle NH, take it with a pinch of salt but that's completely counter to the intimations on social media sources (mainly FB threads).

Partially nothing's come out for a while as no work could go on while negotiations were ongoing, partly the pandemic.  There have been pretty solid hints of a new edition in the last 6-12 months.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 11:33:44 AM »
@Nurgle NH, take it with a pinch of salt but that's completely counter to the intimations on social media sources (mainly FB threads).

Partially nothing's come out for a while as no work could go on while negotiations were ongoing, partly the pandemic.  There have been pretty solid hints of a new edition in the last 6-12 months.

Edit - some helpful soul on DakkaDakka pulled this quote from FB:

Hi everyone

Following yesterday's announcement that Warlord Games have acquired Konflikt47, we wanted to come and reassure you how positive this move is for the game we all love, and its very solid future.

Firstly please be reassured this is not the end of Konflikt47, far from it! Warlord Games have no intention of letting this fall by the wayside, and there are developments planned for the game that ensure its extremely bright future.

Thankyou all for your support and love for the game, you have been instrumental in helping shape this fantastic setting and your enthusiasm has only served to boost our own. We are extremely proud of what we have created and cannot wait to see how it develops into the future.

All the best and happy gaming
Chris, Aitch and Ben at Clockwork Goblin

The three former owners have also dropped some hints that there may well be revised versions of some of the more difficult to assemble units (the British Automatons, for example) on the way, maybe even in plastic.

I would cautiously suggest an alternative to the doom & gloom - Warlord dropped BTGoA as they see a bigger and better future for Weird War add ons to their main product than an entirely separate SF game.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 01:29:15 PM »
Edit - some helpful soul on DakkaDakka pulled this quote from FB:...........

You would think if there was any intention of maintaining the 15mm version that would have been the place to make the comment.  That they didn't mention it probably means it is not being continued.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »
I wouldn’t panic if you play in 28mm. I’d probably be very happy and optimistic with the decision. If you’re lucky you’ll get new plastics and more conversion parts to adapt their vanilla WW2 plastics to the K47 setting. Warlord are very much a business (maybe not a good one and with some dubious decisions in my opinion) and K47 is intrinsically linked to their bread and butter WW2 ranges; already having a good player base and line of miniatures for most nations.

My sadness is that it kills any hopes of seeing the range in its original form/scale as Warlord are invested in 28mm (to a point that I don’t think they believe in other scales until they “invent” them - see their recent 10mm ish line).

My remaining one hope (and this is really optimistic - but my hobby and very existence show I like to gamble on low chances) is that with their acquisition of Skytrex they would produce the range in both scales as otherwise they are writing off a chunk of available income from all of us that aren’t into 28mm.

Andrew
BALM

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 04:29:02 PM »
Apologies AZSteven’s message was posted whilst I was typing.

BALM

No worries!  Hard to understand why folks would call this a dead game when two people literally post about it at the same time :)

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 07:21:55 PM »
I was so mortally wounded by the announcement I had to stop and make a sandwich half way through typing  lol

BALM

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 08:03:36 PM »
I do hope that warlord takes care of the 15mm gamers as well.

However, as a 28mm player, I see this as very good news.  I hadn't been paying close attention, but it did seem like the game had mostly been in stasis for the last 2 years.  If Warlord was interested enough in the property to acquire it, then that is a pretty clear indication that they mean to actively support it.  I've got a good sized US and modest British force-of-questionable-loyalty (with figures to expand) and a couple Dust walkers to supplement but haven't played in quite a while.   A new edition could spark some interest at the club where I think almost every member has either a K47 army or some kind of WWW2 force that could be easily shoehorned into K47.

My son has already expressed interest at playing with my WWW2 forces with the Grimdark Future rules he's become comfortable with.  Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 03:41:41 PM »
Very surprised by this news and honestly do not know how it will all turn out but it makes sense for Warlord Games to support such a popular and easy to “bolt on” extension of their Bolt Action line.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/