Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: the best info available on line about Vendée Rebellion  (Read 712 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
the best info available on line about Vendée Rebellion
« on: February 11, 2023, 02:10:53 AM »
Hello
As title said i would like to share, even if it's an obscure period, my last find on that conflict...This French site principally dedicated on the Imperial period includes also an extremely detailed 11 pages of posts from  a few wargamers involved in a project for the War in Vendée around 1793. As far as i know, and i 've read a lot of sources about the Vendée Militaire including contemporary sources and archives material, is the only existing  updated and very  detailed  study that highlight the extremely difficult to find infos on tactics, composition of forces, armament above all concerning the Royalist rebels..everything has been researched and organised with an eye to table-top battles..Normally the sources we can find about that conflict are more political than military and, indeed, very confusing...It s in French but could be easily translated with google..you ll also find, among the text, some useful links to  quite a few of ready made PDFs with tables,Toes, maps and historial scenarios purposly prepared by one of the authors in view of a wargame project dealing with some specific and playable  early period's battles...you'll also find some great links to uniform sources and, in some pages of the thread, a few picts of painted 28mm minis  some belonging to the well researched Touller figurines  range whose talented  sculptor, Alain Touller, sadly passed away a few years ago.

http://www.planete-napoleon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1842&hilit=Vend%C3%A9e&sid=2e5755b8253e70a079e39cd6d7057ea9

Here are some picts of Vendéen Royalists, mostly from the above mentioned French manufacture,  belonging to the collection of one of the participant at the project, Denis Bouttet. I hope he don t bother if  i show here his carefully researched and nicely painted Touller figurines:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 12:56:35 AM by italwars »

Offline owaincaesarius

• Student
Re: the best info available on line about Vendée Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:14:13 PM »
Thanks for that one. Lets see how far Pigeon French gets me....

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Re: the best info available on line about Vendée Rebellion
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 06:07:17 AM »
Italwars, many thanks. I'm currently building a Vendee Rebel force for Sharp Practice having completed the Republicans last year. This will be very useful and I'm happy to say the translation function on my PC works a treat, even if some of the language can be a tad laboured.  I look forward to dipping into this as I go.