Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Classic Warzone - Request for pictures of painted squads/armies  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Re: Classic Warzone - Request for pictures of painted squads/armies
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2023, 09:51:35 AM »
@ Curis:

Lovely models, thank you for sharing more photos of those!  :-* I remember seeing them originally on your blog post here, and I still chuckle every time I see that photos of you and sho3box at the PA factory!  lol

Whilst I totally agree with and understand your logic on the bases, I think I will be using bases that fit the models better - far less chance of the models falling over or getting scuffed. I also agree with comments on the colour schemes actually - as noted at the start of the topic, there's not that many good or varied photos of the official miniatures. I suppose my biggest reservation is that every unit had a different colour scheme, and so when two armies are set up against each other, it's hard to see quickly whose unit is who's.

Also, nice job on those old Blood Commando plastics - you don't see those too often, let along painted so well.  :D

@ robh:

Thank you for posting those up! Really nice paintjobs, and I agree on the sculpts - I think that's why you see Trenchers, Capitol special forces, and Bauhaus far more than other models. I also really like the Vince Diamond figure, but was always a little sad at how stumpy the official model is... I think Agis did a conversion to lengthen the legs, and it really fixed the model IMO. Out of interest, did you have all your forces painted up in an "army" style, or did you paint things by unit/subfaction?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Classic Warzone - Request for pictures of painted squads/armies
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2023, 11:44:53 AM »
The only Warzone figures I have are a few Orca Battlesuits, painted up to support my Baronial Guard...

And with a Baronial Guard Technician for scale...

(I still have not made the separate 'gunner' sections that are to go on the back....  ::) )

A couple of close ups....

And with more of the Baronial Guard....

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:48:37 AM by Mason »