Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:40:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave: Dark Alchemy  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Estarriol

• Librarian
Frostgrave: Dark Alchemy
« on: September 16, 2022, 08:37:45 PM »
After a very long absence from LAF and miniature wargaming in general I'm returning to both with some Wizarding action...

To re-learn the rules, and get motivated to paint some monsters, I'm running my warband  through a solo campaign. First up, the Alchemical Monstrosity.

To cut a long story short, the Elementalist wizard Phelan the Red, whilst delving greedily into the ruins of a potion factory heard a shattering crash somewhere deep in the building, followed by a massive explosion. A short while later he comes-to far beneath the surface in a ruined basement area. Only three of his warband still accompany him - Brother Mace the Apothecary, Sir Rodric, the exiled Knight seeking work as a Treasure Hunter, and Teyaspa, wildly rumoured to be the finest thief in the city (apparently)...

Phelan gestures for his companions to sneak towards one of the visible doors. Meanwhile the thief has snuck off in the other direction having spied the glint of gold... aside from the odd scuffle with Giant Rats we will see little more of him as he tries to find a way out.

Speaking of Rats, the seem to be emerging from this massive pile of skulls...

Meanwhile the Monstrosity has finally noticed the party. It attacked Sir Rodric and badly wounded him. Phelan quickly cast a spell allowing him to leap back for Brother Mace to offer one of his healing potions. The Monster follows up and our three heroes frantically fight for their life against the creature's slathering jaw and thrashing tentacles

Meanwhile, a rat attacks Mace from behind, causing him to collapse from the pain.

The others manage to slay the beast

The party escape with three treasures, and Mace recovered,  though sadly will take no further part in the Campaign. I'm sure he will find his own way out...

"guys? GUYS?
Hello?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 08:50:56 PM by Estarriol »

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: Frostgrave: Dark Alchemy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 09:47:47 PM »
Thanks. For no good reason, I have to make a diorama-level setup for my miniature games, even solo, so I'm put off by the Frostgrave solo and other scenarios. Good to see what others have come up with -- and that they're enjoying the game!
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 09:54:54 PM »
Welcome back to Felstad! I hope you enjoyed the game and that we will see the outcome of the rest of the Campaign. I love the monstrosity, and the pile of skulls. And that last photo and caption made me chuckle!

P.S. Do you have an Alchemical Monstrosity dice bag?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 10:58:52 AM »
lovely, compact set-up  :-*

Offline Estarriol

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 01:30:56 PM »
Welcome back to Felstad! I hope you enjoyed the game and that we will see the outcome of the rest of the Campaign. I love the monstrosity, and the pile of skulls. And that last photo and caption made me chuckle!

P.S. Do you have an Alchemical Monstrosity dice bag?

I was similar for a while. It just got the stage where I was never finishing projects and have a pile of shame to clear. Sometimes good enough is good enough!
Storage is also an issue for me, so I can't have beautiful sculpted tables, it's all modular bits onto mats these days.
Someone crocheted me a Cthulhu dice bag, im rather fond of it!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 08:28:47 AM »
Looks great and sounds like you had fun! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
I’ll echo what the others said, your figures and terrain look great and it seems like it was a fun game. It seems like the game board and terrain could be used for a variety of dungeon themed games, too.

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 08:36:29 AM »
I think your set up looks great and is so storable/reusable.

There is, to me, a sweet point between a fabulous realistic diorama and a bland looking table of parts which don't quite spark the imagination.

You are definitely at that point.