Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:42:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Quatre Bras using Lasalle v2  (Read 859 times)

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Quatre Bras using Lasalle v2
« on: September 07, 2022, 10:52:35 AM »
Played this last night, using the scenario in the rules. It is quite a big battle; 20 battalions of infantry, 4 cavalry regiments and 4 batteries on the French side, against 17 battalions, 2 cavalry and 3 batteries on the Allied side. After 3 moves, was clearly going to be a French win as they had pretty much destroyed the Hanoverian and Dutch militia. Good game; the initiative system with interrupts really makes you think and keeps both players involved. If we play it again, the allies would need to trade space for time and withdraw rather than fighting it out. Anyway, nice to see a table full of figures.

Offline DeRuyter

• Bookworm
Re: Quatre Bras using Lasalle v2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 06:07:32 PM »
I haven't tried LaSalle v2 yet. What did you think compared to the original?

Looks like you cut out the Bossau wood on the French left flank. I also wonder if the scenario would play better for the Allies with more depth to the table. Impressive amount of figures!!

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 10:35:23 AM »
Lasalle v2 is a completely different, and much better, game than v1. The system of momentum with interrupts reminds me of Crossfire. Really makes for interesting decisions. The game flows well and feels very a Napoleonic. The scenario layout is the one in the book. It is just the climax of the battle, so the Bossu wood and the Dutch under Perponcher don’t feature, nor do most of the later Allied reinforcements. If the French don’t break the allies or seize the crossroads quickly they will lose

Offline DeRuyter

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 04:45:38 PM »
Lasalle v2 is a completely different, and much better, game than v1. The system of momentum with interrupts reminds me of Crossfire. Really makes for interesting decisions. The game flows well and feels very a Napoleonic. The scenario layout is the one in the book. It is just the climax of the battle, so the Bossu wood and the Dutch under Perponcher don’t feature, nor do most of the later Allied reinforcements. If the French don’t break the allies or seize the crossroads quickly they will lose

Very nice. I will certainly give it a go. Crossfire is an elegant game system.