Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689729
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Rubble City 2 - ENDS 6PM - Versatile Ruined Scenics & Accessories  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
LIVE NOW!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fenrisgames/rubble-city-2

Hello! I'm helping Ian at Fenris out with this campaign on the tech and people side so he has more time to do what he does best - sculpting and casting! I'm helping as Annie, not Bad Squiddo (which I run!) so there's no company affiliation (or ulterior motives in me saying how ace it is!), I just really like the project and want to see it do well. It's an especially hard time for small wargames businesses (and everyone!) at the moment so the more we help each other out, the better. That's what it's all about right?

Rubble City 1 saw a whole modular system, and Rubble City 2 expands on this but with the buildings all ready to go, to make it even easier. They're as period and theme neutral as they can be to fit with a whole heap of eras and genres. Ruined bricks fit in most places!

They've been built brick by brick and hand sculpted (there's the odd digital sculpt in the stretch goals) and hand cast in resin. A nice break from all the STL overload, you get it ready to go, no need to print or anything like that.

One of my hobbies is exploring ruins and that's why it's totally captured me as being realistic and evocative of so many memories and stories. There's a real understanding of architecture in them.

Anyway enough of me frothing, I will be keeping this thread updated, and there might be some of Fenris popping in too. I'll get some pictures of the actual goodies in here too!

Annie
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:10:55 PM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
YAY it's live and already doing excellent!

Here are the pledges showing some goodies

There's some neat smaller accessories and bits too

and from the last campaign - all the modular parts for 100% customisation.

Also all these folks which people might have missed beforehand

- Anniiiiiiiiiiiie
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 07:03:31 PM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
​Whoop some things unlocked including minis! Which would work pretty nicely in Glorantha.....

Premature for the flame pots but I'm heading home for the bank holiday weekend soon so I whacked it in 😄

I'm meeting Ian from Fenris at the weekend to take some pictures of the buildings he has been painting up by itself and with a range of different minis, including some of my Bad Squiddo WW2 to show it doesn't have to just be fantasy

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
Here's some the pictures I took over the weekend, many more to come, really happy with them (and they show off my minis well!)

and the master in action

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
I managed to get Ian for a short chat about it - visual not that necessary, works well as a podcast/listen in the background while you do a thing

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
You gotta love the fact that the sculptor of the *vast* majority of this KS (that would be me) is mentioned only once in the whole campaign, and never in the whole promotion.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
Re: [KS] Rubble City 2 - ENDS TODAY - Versatile Ruined Scenics & Accessories
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »
It ends at 6pm today, lots more things have been unlocked.

Some of them are auto added to pledges, some aren't, more information on the page.
http://kck.st/3RMeSk8

Massive bridge, with a few other options too (cthulhu plinths, bone plinths and more)