Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Liquidate the Führer  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Liquidate the Führer
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2022, 05:50:39 PM »
The forces of darkness are e'er fated to die on the sword of despair.

That being said, the sheer pleasure of being accommodated at Vagabond Manor knows no bounds. Playing games during the day and consuming copious amounts of sinew-stiffening libations reigns supreme in my book. Vagabond's many servants were very obliging in helping a certain drunken Lord to his billet, come the night!

That sword of despair has a very sharp edge to it don't you know.

Dera Snappers
It was a pleasure to have your company and the running repairs after your visit are coming along nicely. The toilet cistern in the main 1st floor bathroom has been repaired and no longer makes that strange gushing sound. Unfortunatley the heating has not been repaired and the old 1850's boiler is going to have to be replaced with something called a combi boiler. Goodness knows what that is, but if it means we don't need Filtch the Under Gardner in our bed to warm our feet it will be a relief.
Felicity has left in a huff. You remember Felicity I'm sure, as we designated her to be your hot water bottle in the absence of hot water. Perhaps you could explain her decision. I hope you didn't entice any of the staff down south with you, if so I would be gratefull if you could return them once the postal dispute is settled. 2nd class will do.
Yours etc.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2022, 07:02:42 PM »
Of course one question does linger: Are those two going to share all that Lachsschinken?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2022, 04:50:00 AM »
Are those two going to share all that Lachsschinken?

I think they will be trying to keep it all for themselves. I believe they were speciality-butchers to the highest echelons of Berlin society before being forced to flee and join the Heer. Something about the Duchess of Baden-Württemberg, her lady's maid and a Swabian-Hall swine!   ;)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2022, 02:37:08 AM »
Your gaming group is a total lot of Nutters! 

Which means I'll expect an invite if I ever get to England and have time for a game or three.!!!    lol

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2022, 07:04:38 AM »
Your gaming group is a total lot of Nutters!

We prefer to describe it as the foibles, pettifogging, quirks, idiosyncranicities, waffling and hyperbole of a charming, sophisticated and erudite group of gentleman of distinction, who rise above the hoi-polloi and riff-raff to bring a touch of style and class to wargaming (but you are probably right!)

Which means I'll expect an invite if I ever get to England and have time for a game or three.!!!

You will always be welcome, old sport!

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2022, 04:04:14 PM »
We prefer to describe it as the foibles, pettifogging, quirks, idiosyncranicities, waffling and hyperbole of a charming, sophisticated and erudite group of gentleman of distinction, who rise above the hoi-polloi and riff-raff to bring a touch of style and class to wargaming (but you are probably right!)

Er, that's one way to put it...but as it's your story... :D

I will say that sounds a bit like my gaming group.  We have a former Army Armor/Cavalry Officer (me), a retired Air Force enlisted man, and a retired Corrections Officer.  Class and style - yeah, that's it! 8)
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"