Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:44:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685068
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Liquidate the Führer  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: Liquidate the Führer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 11:34:04 PM »
you should start selling your ideas to the film companies for their movie plots, they do need some better ones..

Looking forward to this more than any of the latest movies out!

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 07:21:58 AM »
Thanks all, full AAR to follow shortly. Glad you are enjoying the madness!

FifteensAway, you are right to mention dogs. As you will see shortly, a big problem for part of the SAS squad.

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2022, 07:51:02 AM »
You can see the starting positions here. After the defender has laid out their patrol route, the attacker chooses where to come on. Tubby sneaks in by the Tudor beamed house. Peaches and Tarquin are behind the brown lorry, top left. Frobisher is in the field with the sheep. Stodger has taken up position behind a troop lorry and Biffo is covering Stodger.

Tokens for each model are placed in a bag and are drawn out by each player in turn. In addition, there are 3 time tokens. Drawn by a defender, the defender gets an event card. Drawn by an attacker, the attacker gets an order card. When the third token is drawn, the turn is over, regardless of whether everyone has activated or not. In the above photo, Vaggers (as the defender) has drawn a time token and consequently, an event card. Bugger me, those nearby guards have heard a sneeze from Stodger's direction! Luckily, Stodger rolls under the lorry and the guards see nothing. (Tubby and Stodger are the two characters carrying the demo charges).

Tubby Snapcase continues with his leopard crawl towards the objective.

One of the guards, with his Alsatian, begins his patrol route.

Other guards begin their patrol.

Peaches and Tarquin Shortcake are in cover, ready for anything, like coiled string!

Stodger and Cocklecarrot are awaiting the guards to move on, after Stodger's nose-trumpet went off unexpectedly.

Two guards fail to notice a giant taking photos behind them.

The guard with the Alsatian, thinks he heard something.

Has the dog's superior scenting ability detected Peaches?

Tarquin moves up to cover Peaches as the dog approaches. Does this mean detection?

The hound is unleashed and attacks Peaches. The duo are forced to fire on the dog, killing it. However, in the melee, Peaches army-issue trousers have been shredded by the Alsatian's sharp teeth. She knows that returning to their base with her trousers in tatters is going to result in some schoolboy-humour from her team!

The mission is in danger already. Shots fired in the dead of night.

Hearing gunfire in the distance, some of the guards are disturbed by a rustling in the bushes. They open fire only to discover that their intruder is a pheasant!

To be continued...

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 08:02:42 AM »
Unperturbed, Frobisher Cocklecarrot makes his way, stealthily through the sheep field.

These guards have heard gunfire and are now making a roving patrol around Great Futtocking.

The patrol that heard Stodger sneezing, eventually move away. However, SS-Obersturmbannführer Brynhildr von Busen feels that something is wrong and ducks down the back-passage. The hairs on the back of her neck are standing on end and she moves towards the Führer's car.

Another of the guards hears something in a field, but it turns out to be a fox. I'm not sure why there's a tour bus from East Yorkshire in Kent during the German invasion (it turns out that Vaggers has just bought it and wants it in one of the photos).

To be continued...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:12:20 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 08:29:11 AM »
Meanwhile, Tubby's expertise in the leopard crawl, has brought him to the Führer-mobile. An event card drawn by Vaggers, allows him to place two light sources within 12" of my objective. We interpret this as Brynhildr von Busen turning on the street lights, with her gut-feeling that something is wrong.

Two street lights come on and Tubby momentarily freezes, as he is caught out in the open. He ducks down behind the boot of the Führer-mobile.

Tubby manages to get the activation he wanted and plants his demo charge on the car. When the next time token is drawn, the charge is activated and the next time token drawn means the charge has gone off. Tubby has already activated twice and has to just hope that the tokens will come out of the bag to favour his movements! As Tubby is ferricking away underneath the car, the Führer and his driver serendipitously return to the motor and the stage is set for mayhem.

When the appropriate time token is drawn, there is an almighty explosion, the Führer is blown out of the car, dead as a dodo. The primary objective for the SAS has been achieved. The secondary objective, to ensure total victory, is to get at least half of the attackers off the table, to conclude. The problem now is that Tubby did not get to activate before the bomb went off! Has our hero been blown up, killed even? I dread to think.

To be continued...

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2022, 08:53:01 AM »
To Vagger's complete disbelief and discombobulation, after some furious dice-throwing, Tubby survives the blast, minus his eyebrows and pats down his Denison smock which is smoking. To compound Vagger's discomfort, two of his guards go off in the wrong direction, apparently they are keen pig-fanciers.

However, Brynhildr is not fooled by the various noises off-stage and heads directly for the explosion. Shocked at seeing the Führer lying on the tarmac and the strange apparition of a blackened and smoking Tubby, she draws her trusty Luger.

The alarm goes off!

https://youtu.be/CkhLB538DGI

With the secondary objective in mind, Tubby decides his best course of action is what he would term a 'fighting-withdrawal'. To the rest of us, this means he's running away. Brynhildr has popped off a couple of rounds but has failed to put one in Tubby as he hotfoots it into the dark night.

As the other members of the SAS team melt away into the darkness, one can only surmise the reaction at OKW as they learn of the demise of their leader. Unaware of the future recriminations, the pig-fancying guards carry on with their investigations into English pig-farming methods.

THE END

...some minor analysis of the action to follow...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:55:02 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 09:07:52 AM »
An enervating game for the defenders. Afterwards, we thought what we should have done is play half the SAS team each. We could have made the German decisions between us, which would have given Vaggers a more enjoyable game.

I think we placed too much cover right by the objective. It seemed relatively easy for Tubby to sneak up on the car, at least until the bloody street lights came on.

It was a fairly quick game, hence the short report. I think 02 Hundred Hours has great potential for fun games. I am going to paint up my U-Boats for a dockside raid and also some Brandenburgers for a raid against Captain Mainwaring and his stout chaps in Walmington-on-Sea.

This was just one of five games we played and AARs should appear as and when. Vaggers has already completed our Old West game here: Gunfight in Little Whiskey

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2022, 04:06:30 PM »
An excellent AAR Snappers, full of vim and vigor and it's a joy to see how easily you defeared the forces of the Führer.

It was rather disconcerting when the alarm sounded and all my sentries started walking away from the action, inspecting piggeries and the local pheasantry.
Then when Tubby Rubberman Snapcase just bounced to his feet after his charge exploded prematurely, (something he denies has ever happened since the night of his wedding) things seemed to have taken a turn for the worse.
Then it did get worse as Brynhildr failed to hit him with bullets from her trusty Luger and fared even less well when she ran up and in dispair hit him with the butt of the said luger. Tubby just smiled and with some clever repartee said "I'll die another day" and snuck off into the dark of the night.

The hero of the defence, Rover was shot by the dog murderer Cocklecarrot may he meet a deservedly sticky end one day soon.

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2022, 06:12:21 PM »
Then when Tubby Rubberman Snapcase just bounced to his feet after his charge exploded prematurely, (something he denies has ever happened since the night of his wedding) things seemed to have taken a turn for the worse.
Then it did get worse as Brynhildr failed to hit him with bullets from her trusty Luger and fared even less well when she ran up and in dispair hit him with the butt of the said luger. Tubby just smiled and with some clever repartee said "I'll die another day" and snuck off into the dark of the night.

The forces of darkness are e'er fated to die on the sword of despair.

That being said, the sheer pleasure of being accommodated at Vagabond Manor knows no bounds. Playing games during the day and consuming copious amounts of sinew-stiffening libations reigns supreme in my book. Vagabond's many servants were very obliging in helping a certain drunken Lord to his billet, come the night!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:17:32 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2022, 06:35:24 PM »
Well (:D), it seems that the Austrian Corporal got summarily demoted.  Mind you - that may have some effect on OKW's plans for this whole operation.   And the rather spectacular results of this little affair could have repercussions all over the place...

For example:

Will Great Futtocking suffer a fate similar to that which befell Lidice later?

Who will become Der Fuhrer now?

Will peaches have to pay for her now-shredded trousers?

Will the quality and efficiency of German pig-farming now improve?

And most importantly, will the real reason ever be discovered why the East Yorkshire bus mysteriously appeared in Great Futtocking?

Some kidding aside, a very entertaining report.  Well done, lads!  Carry on (as I'm sure you will... ;))
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2022, 11:06:23 PM »
Bravo Tubby! Hopefully Peaches pistol whips some respect into the lads on her return. As an archaeologist, we always believe it is a good day to punch a Nazi but it isn't every day that you get to kill the Fuehrer! Next time perhaps the German troops should have a more urban background though, if only for Vagabonds sake. Longer games probably would limit, slightly, the Mad Lord's inroads on the Casa Vagabond liquor cabinet and wine cellar.
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2022, 12:40:45 AM »
Short but so much fun to be had.

Sadly I suspect that in fact, the Fuhrer is very much alive, and likely in the Bus heading for East Yorkshire to take in the sites.

me thinks doubles. triplets and all manner of trickery may be afoot. Or a bus.

Would not be surprised if he turns up at an interestingly named little place in Yorkshire with a bus full of nastiness and lookalikes sometime soon..

Probably there is something there he wants to acquire to ensure victory and it requires a local bus to achieve it.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2022, 05:29:58 PM »
Short but so much fun to be had.

Sadly I suspect that in fact, the Fuhrer is very much alive, and likely in the Bus heading for East Yorkshire to take in the sites.

me thinks doubles. triplets and all manner of trickery may be afoot. Or a bus.

Would not be surprised if he turns up at an interestingly named little place in Yorkshire with a bus full of nastiness and lookalikes sometime soon..

Probably there is something there he wants to acquire to ensure victory and it requires a local bus to achieve it.

If it has campaign banners on the side, it might be headed to North Minehead.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2022, 06:41:55 PM »
A very entertaining report indeed,  Thanks for posting.
2024: B: 0; P: 43; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2022, 07:20:39 PM »
Cracking stuff 👍👍👍