Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Doodler's 15mm] 5 Leagues from the Borderlands campaign turn 3 (20 June)  (Read 19831 times)

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
Re: [Doodler's 15mm] Scythian Adventurers (04 May)
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2023, 02:28:23 PM »
Thanks!

Finished off some more lesser-armoured adventurers ahead of an upcoming holiday. Some of Xyston Miniatures' Scythian warriors from Scotia Grendel, finally adding some bow-armed women to the 5 Leagues roster. Glad I didn't start my collection with these minis as their eyes are so clearly sculpted that I would have felt compelled to paint them and laboured under that yoke with all other 15mm minis, which would not have been a pleasant experience!

That said, I am taking some 6mm minis with me to try painting on the holiday, so evidently I'm a glutton for punishment.

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
Re: [Doodler's 15mm] Gaming Trays (25 May)
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2023, 06:10:28 PM »
Just finished some slightly more travel-friendly gameable pieces than the Makita case, in that I can confirm that there is space for some socks around the box if crammed into a suitcase. The same charity shop had a box which, it turns out, is just the right size to snugly contain some A**zon-ordered trays.

The trays have a bigger playing area than the double-sided picture frame board featured in this thread's first post, and this time round I put more care into not putting too thick a layer of texture so that magnets work a bit better.

The turf tray didn't turn as well as I'd intended, but I'm pretty happy with the paved one. Good to put some scrap Magic The Gathering cards to good use.

Space to fit at least two more trays in there, or some clever way of storing terrain less than 3cm tall.

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
[Doodler's 15mm] 5 Leagues from the Borderlands campaign turn 3 (20 June)
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2023, 10:56:39 PM »
Had a chance to give the Makita case a proper run on a recent holiday. The warband opted to Ride Patrol to bulk out their coffers, and found themselves tasked with investigating an area infested with petty robbers.

For those interested, there's more detail on the game itself on the blog. Otherwise, here are the pictures:

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
That looks great! The figures and terrain all look good together.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Excellent work. Following with interest as we are also in a FLftB campaign (although in 28mm).

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
Thanks, both

Following with interest as we are also in a FLftB campaign (although in 28mm).

Indeed - I'm enjoying it a lot as I amble slowly through it (have it bookmarked so I can take it a session at a time, and there's enough effort put into the inter-game elements to make them worth a session in their own right!)