Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Heresy call for help  (Read 13053 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
(COMMERCIAL) Heresy call for help
« on: October 07, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
I received the following email just this evening, and even though I'm normally not one to get involved, I felt I had to just this once. After all, I've been enjoying products from Heresy Miniatures for many years, and I would hate for yet another small but respected and established company to fold.

Do with this what you will, but I did put in an order myself, without redeeming the discount code. I'm not invested or associated with Heresy, but I felt it was the least I could do (that, and posting this of course). I'm hoping many will answer the call and order from Andy; it sounds like he could surely need the support right now...

The "Please buy something" pitch

There's no way to sugar coat this, so here it is: I need your help. Urgently.
Basically, this summer was terrible for orders in general, the worst in my 20 years of trading, in fact and following a disaster in which all of my recent resin moulds were destroyed by a freak incident in August, where some vulcanisable resin entirely bonded with the silicone moulds, I've spent the last 3 months trying to repair damage to those, and at the same time fix problems arising from the Ghouls kickstarter that meant I had to completely remaster the ghouls in metal. This took up all of my time (and has meant that a backlog of what few orders I did get has built up; I must apologise to those of you waiting for your orders from August!)

Meanwhile, all of the cash flow from the Kickstarters has dwindled away and now this month I find myself unable to pay some hefty bills that have come due, to be 100% blunt about it. These are some big bills in total, that pre-Brexit would have been covered by EU orders, but those don't come in any more because of the import charges and so forth, which has hit me for 41% of my turnover since we left.

So I need you to help Heresy Miniatures, after 20 years of trading, simply make it through this month.

Now, this situation is theoretically easily resolved in the short term by, say, 300 of you spending £10 on figures, or on gift vouchers, even if you don't want to get any of the figures themselves. There are loads of cool figures in the ranges that people keep telling me they will order and never do. This might be your last chance to get them if things don't work out. My friends at Antenociti's Workshop ceased trading in June this year out of the blue and it's a terrifying reality for me right now. If all 2,000 of you on this newsletter spent £5 it would make a HUGE difference to my financial situation, but only 19% of you will even open this newsletter, according to the Mailchimp stats.

So, to those few of you who have read this far, thank you.

Please consider helping, if you can afford to do so.

*You can help primarily by buying something from the Heresy shop. (Still a backlog that I'm getting through so bear with me). There is a 25% off Sale going on to help encourage you to grab those few figures you always meant to order. And if you spend £100 or more you can use the Redemption Code SEPT25 to get a further £25 off your order. (This code expires once 25 people have used it)

*You can help by buying  Gift Vouchers too - you can spend them later ( I am working on new figures desperately at the same time as sorting out the Kickstarter pledges and orders) or send them to friends via email (and you still get a Loyalty Discount if you buy Gift Vouchers)

*You can even, if you are so magnanimous, support me via the Ko-Fi system where you 'Buy Me A Coffee'

*You can send your friends to buy something by sharing the links with them. Tell them to mention your name (ideally, also your email from the Heresy site so I can track you down) and I will add a £1.00 credit to your account for each one that does!

Thank you in advance for whatever you can do. Every little helps, far more than you think! No order is too small or too big!

So get over there and support Heresy Miniatures; it'd be quite the loss if Andy would have to close shop, because his ranges are wonderful and they would disappear along with Heresy...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:57:07 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Heresy call for help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 11:31:15 PM »
They certainly do have something for everyone - some really lovely miniatures - be a shame if these became unavailable. :'(

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 02:13:51 AM »
yes, and I "keep meaning to get something". as there is some interesting stuff.

so I have. no need for further discount on the prices already shown I thought, also.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 08:24:03 AM »
I made a small order which is all I can afford at the moment. I have had many miniatures off them over the years so would be sad if they went out of business.

Online beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 10:07:37 AM »
Got me back into minis, Sent him some cash. Would hate to see him close up.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 12:08:51 PM »
Order placed.
We really need to support the small firms in these trying times.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 01:28:55 PM »
Already ordered when I got the email. Andy is a top bloke and his minis are brill. Only a small order but every little helps. Shared on FB as well.

Offline Doomwolf

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 02:19:36 PM »
Order made

Again things looked at and put on the later-list (we all do it ;))

Anyway, ordered now.

Good luck Andy

Glen

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2022, 08:02:03 PM »
I had planned to buy some stuff from Reaper this weekend, but they can wait.

Order placed. I've been putting off buying one of the 3-up skeletons, so finally splurged. My only other giant skeleton is one of the original Grenadier ones, and the Heresy one has a bit more movement to it :D

However, his site doesn't make it easy. Those animated GIFs were really getting to me. The fact they were different sizes didn't help, and I missed at least two clicks as the page jumped up and down at random intervals o_o

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 11:35:05 AM »
However, his site doesn't make it easy.

Yes, poor site but some great figures.  Not into the FATC range myself but as the previous seller went out of business these figures could be gone for ever.  Shame if you want them.

Other miniatures I do like so bought a few of those.   ;)

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2022, 11:10:01 AM »
Thanks for sharing Daeothar, I sent some monies his way. Always been a fan and enjoy the models I have from him.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
Just out if interest, has anyone who answered this cry for help received any orders yet?

I've bought from Heresy several times and have no complaints, Andy is a good guy and I appreciate he is up against it at the moment so I expect delays, but the status of my order hasn't changed in a month and I wondered if its the same for everyone.

I know I'll get my toys eventually, it would just be reassuring to know how things are progressing.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 11:26:23 AM »
Nope, all's quiet on the Heresy front...

Apart from the automated order confirmation, there has been no communication so far. But considering Andy posted even before his cry for help that his work was backed up, and this campaign probably has multiplied his workload by a large margin, I'm not worried just yet.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2022, 11:57:40 AM »
Fair enough.

Like I said, not worried exactly, just curious how things stand. I hope the extra work has paid off though, be good to know if he's at least keeping afloat.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 12:05:41 PM »
Nothing here yet either
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0