Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:55:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690326
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars in 15 mm (some 'newer' 3D prints added - link to photos, page 4)  (Read 6379 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (Hot Wheels Sandcraler photo with 15 mm figure, page 2)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2022, 02:11:48 AM »
Just received today my Hot Wheels Sandcrawler and my Rebel Minis order.  The figure in the photo below is a Sahadeen War Maiden - will be part of the Smugglers and other unsavory riff-raff, she comes in a pack of 21 and I think four poses (8,6,4, and 3).

I plan to do some work on the weathering since the silvering just looks like peeled paint in person, will use weathering powders to really 'dirty' it up and then seal it.  Since it is Hot Wheels, it does have wheels but they are unobtrusive.

It works for me. 

And I do believe one of my inbound orders will provide me with a crew of Jawa to 'man' the crawler!  I think there will also be Tusken but not 100% sure - still awaiting the order.  If anyone knows of a 15 mm Bantha, I would add that to the collection - but it has to be 15 mm (or 18 mm) (for this, a 3D print sold printed would be okay - price dependent, of course).  And if Bantha is a metal casting, so much the better.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:39:04 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
johnl,

I did see those figures and they look nice but I was not keen on the lack of integral stands.  But don't despair, you have a number of items - even without bases - that interest me.  Are you going to do the Heroes and Villains in 15 mm?  The Fishmen, Garorren, and Knights of the Light are all of interest.  If you get the Heroes and Villains into 15 mm PM me and I can get an order together (all of them in 15 mm, 1 each).  Turn around time from order to shipment, generally?

And, Dan,

GZG definitely has figures that should work for rebels.  See this thread, I think: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=138724.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:47:57 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Thanks Greg!

Dan

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
If you need small bases for printed figs, Proxie has 15mm rounds.
http://www.proxiemodels.com/product-category/round-bases/

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
  Hi, I am test printing the Heroes and Villains this weekend. I am pretty sure they will work for 21mm I just need to print the 15mm version. I have scaled my 15mm figs to Gzg ones. I am averaging 3-4 days from order placed to shipped so far. It really just depends on how many orders are in at the time. Generally I drop boxes off to be shipped at USPS on Friday, Saturday or Monday. I cannot change the tab as I am not the designer of the figs. I do have many more sets to post for the Imperial and Clone Wars era's from another creator Warblade Studios. The have no tabs and no stands.

Thanks

John
johnl,

I did see those figures and they look nice but I was not keen on the lack of integral stands.  But don't despair, you have a number of items - even without bases - that interest me.  Are you going to do the Heroes and Villains in 15 mm?  The Fishmen, Garorren, and Knights of the Light are all of interest.  If you get the Heroes and Villains into 15 mm PM me and I can get an order together (all of them in 15 mm, 1 each).  Turn around time from order to shipment, generally?

And, Dan,

GZG definitely has figures that should work for rebels.  See this thread, I think: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=138724.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:22:23 PM by johnl5555 »
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
I do have many more sets to post for the Imperial and Clone Wars era's from another creator Warblade Studios. The have no tabs and no stands.

Thanks

John

Very much looking forward to these!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 08:08:53 PM by eilif »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
  Hi, I am test printing the Heroes and Villains this weekend. I am pretty sure they will work for 21mm I just need to print the 15mm version. I have scaled my 15mm figs to Gzg ones. I am averaging 3-4 days from order placed to shipped so far. It really just depends on how many orders are in at the time. Generally I drop boxes off to be shipped at USPS on Friday, Saturday or Monday. I cannot change the tab as I am not the designer of the figs. I do have many more sets to post for the Imperial and Clone Wars era's from another creator Warblade Studios. The have no tabs and no stands.

Thanks

John

Wow, I had no idea you had an online “3D printing shop” until the other day.  I like what I see there.   That is so awesome:

https://wargamerprinting.com/

Dan

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
oh! I have a star wars project in 6mm in the works, and that sandcrawler might just fit perfectly!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
YPU, I think the crawler will work well for 6 mm.  The Hot Wheels version is unquestionably small compared to the movie version and would be a bit oversize for 6 mm (maybe?).  I have reconciled to the reality that a lot of the craft and ships I will have for Star Wars will be out of sync with the other pieces size wise.  I will just think of them as larger or small versions of the "actual" technology - and hope some of them are in sync with the figures.

As I've said somewhere here on LAF, my focus will be on land battles so the crafts will be 'set decoration'. 

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Here is a link to a blog with more photos, the off the shelf items I either purchased at War-Mart or a big local swap meet.

https://steeplechasingzebras.blogspot.com

An imperial shuttle:

And a figure comparison:

The unpainted figure is a Rebel Minis 15 mm Mech Pilot.  The two Buzz Lightyear figures will be repurposed into robots.

Offline Mad Mecha Guy

• Librarian
    • Mad Mecha Guy
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (more Hot Wheels items and more in photos, page 3)
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2022, 08:41:52 PM »
hot wheel's has a landspeeder (eps 4) miniature still available.
"It's the Fumes I say, the Fumes, those lovely Laser Cut MDF fumes"

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2022, 10:06:29 PM »
A lot of "Micro Machine Action Fleet" vehicles work well for 15mm.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2022, 11:38:37 PM »
War Monkey, do you have a source for the Micro Machines Star Wars items - haven't seen them locally (Sacramento area, California, USA)?  Also, photos showing how they match to 15 mm figures?  Need to have a better idea of how they work before I would order them - if even possible, seems a lot are out of stock.

I had a find today:

Found these at Five Below, a kids game called Yeti Forgetti.  I figure the huts will work well as desert dwellings once repainted.

Here is a close up with that Rebel Minis Mech Pilot:

And there are these:

The game calls these snow crabs but my modeler's eye sees robots - similar to what appears in at least one Star Wars movie.  More at the blog linked in my previous post before this in this thread.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 11:41:55 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2022, 01:28:54 PM »
Another installment in the Wal-Mart Saga, received last night two AT-ST and later took a photo - and then headed for bed after a long day.  Up early this morning and posting here:

And a shot comparing with the Disney Imperial Walker:

The collection grows.

Edit: Perusing a thread by Idle Doodler and noticed a very minor contretemps on how to base figures.  I plan to avoid the issue by limiting my games to Tatooine so I can base everything to desert.  Tatooine does appear in six of the eleven Star Wars feature films - so far.  (Okay, technically not a contretemps and just a discussion but the word is fun to use.)

Now, here is a question.  This is a Future Wars board but Star Wars was "a long time ago" so shouldn't this be somewhere else?   lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 05:00:33 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (Hot Wheels AT-ST photos, page 3)
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2022, 03:30:18 AM »
Received the last of my Wal-Mart orders of Star Wars items today, two X-wing fighters and one transport:

Cool that the two X-wing fighters are not the same, one in firing position and one not.  Also discovered that one of my swap meet finds is Yoda's Jedi Starfighter!  I am a BIG Yoda fan.

I'm guessing this is from one of the prequel movies which I haven't seen yet.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 04:37:14 PM by FifteensAway »