Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689348
  • Total Topics: 118276
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bungwalliland A Misguided African Expedition  (Read 15213 times)

Offline CC2IC

• Bookworm
    • Crucible Crush
Bungwalliland A Misguided African Expedition
« on: October 22, 2022, 03:57:52 PM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 04:55:38 PM by CC2IC »

Offline CC2IC

• Bookworm
    • Crucible Crush
Re: Bungwalliland A Misguided African Expedition
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 04:23:44 PM »
Dame Esmerelda Bottomly Arrives in Bungwalli Land [/b]

The Bungwalli Station News – Bunghwalli Land, Africa. The steam whistle hooted in greeting and SS Britannic dropped anchor in the port of Bungwalli Harbour at the Royal Bungwalli Company dock. This was the scene as Dame Esmerelda, daughter of Edward Bottomly of Hamilton, Ontario and the Russian Duchess Anna Mikhailovna, walked ashore for her first view of our lovely British colony. The Governor of Bungwalli Station, Major General Percival Pinwheel Flunderton, who is a well known friend of the Bottomly family, met the Lady as she stepped ashore along with the local regimental brass band, playing the tune ‘A Band of Pirates We,’ from the recent Gilbert and Sullivan hit opera Pirates of Penzance.

“We chose that song because we know the Lady had seen the Opera and in fact is a close friend of Gilbert and Sullivan. However, we stayed away from the main character songs, in order to respect the private lives of the authors and Dame Bottomly and any relationships that may be ongoing. Far be it for us to cause a stir all the way over here in Africa. Not needed, I tell you chum,” the Governor commented after the successful disembarking. 

Dame Esmerelda Bottomly, wearing a sensible tan traveling suit, then proceeded ashore accompanied by her batman, maid, cook and Company B of the 83rd Royal Irish Rifles. It appears the Queen, in her wisdom, has supplied the Lady with military support for her endeavour. After accepting the gracious greetings of Governor Flunderton and reviewing the local garrison the Lady said a few words to the gathered crowd. “You all know by now why I am here. If no one else can find my brother it will be up to me to leave no stone unturned in the Bunghwalli Land province in my personal pursuit of bringing the big lug home.”

The procession then proceeded to the Royal House Hotel where the group is staying until Thursday when the expedition will travel into the outback in search of Sir Harry Bottomly, the ladies erstwhile brother.

Stock photo courtesy of Felicity Fitzpatrick
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 01:03:31 PM by CC2IC »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 06:29:38 PM »
Great start! can't stand waiting for second episode!

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 03:53:57 PM »
Lovely start.  And, of course, at least she brought along her tea service.  All should be well then...
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Ricco

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 05:34:02 PM »
I LOVED adventuring in Bungwalliland!!!! It was the best!! Courtney in his pink shirt, the Post Office Rifles. Defending God's organ!!! Brave pygmies defending against evil Amazon she devils, Lions & tigers and crocodiles..... OH MY!!!!!!!
Shit Keith ... Not another stinkin air war game!!!!!

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 03:56:01 AM »
"Batsman" ?  Possibly "Batman", but maybe I missed the joke.  Wouldn't be the first time.

I love your newly announced campaign !!

Chick
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 12:26:00 PM »
Excellent, intriguing, looking forward to the adventures!

Offline CC2IC

• Bookworm
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 02:19:12 PM »
The Second Bottomly Expedition Gets Underway

The Bungwalli Station News – Bunghwalli Land, Africa. Our readers will of course remember that Sir Harry, the great Magician of Canterbury himself, led the first Bottomly Expedition into the Bunghwalli Land Province with the goal of finding the Temple of the Gold Monkey. It was during this expedition that he went missing and is now presumed dead. The Second Bottomly Expedition currently being undertaken by Dame Esmerelda Bottomly, cousin to Maria Alexandrovna, who as we all know is married to our own Prince Alfred Duke of Edinburgh which makes Dame Bottomly thirteenth in line to the throne of England and twenty seventh in line for the throne of Russia, both by marriage. Her goal is finding the missing gentleman and returning with him. If anyone can successfully find Sir Harry we know the Lady has the credentials. 

“The only thing that can stand in my way,” Dame Bottomly told us in a private interview over snifters of brandy in the Royal Hotel Gentleman’s club, “is if my brother does not want to be found. If that is the case then even our beloved Queen would not be able to entice him home.”

With a great fanfare and the turning out of the local populace, who lined the streets from the gates of the Royal Hotel through to the exits of the city, Dame Bottomly marched her expedition off in search of her brother. Dame Esmeralda Bottomly wore a rugged adventure suit of coarse drab fabric which was cut at the finest tailor house on Saville Row in London. She rode astride her dappled mare, Nostromo, and led her contingent forward into adventure. She is accompanied by Company B the 83 Royal Irish Rifles, who marched forth led by the company band. Following them was a Naval Landing Party with a 3 pound mountain gun, pulled by a team of mules loaned to the expedition by local farmer Reginald “the Swineman” Stoke. Reginald is known for his fine pork products sold in the local markets. Look for deals on pork tips all this week. The local militia continued the parade with our very own Sir Walter Brand (Captain) leading 1st Platoon,  Company A The Bungwalli Militia. Porters and carts full of supplies brought up the rear of the expedition. 

At this point the group will travel down river where they will meet up with the Bungwalli Station Post Office Rifles and local guide Tattushakii of the Wallo-Wallo Poona tribe. Much adventure surely awaits the Lady's Expedition.

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 02:35:46 PM »
Where did the great looking truck come from?
BTW, it looks to be a cracking expedition!
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline CC2IC

• Bookworm
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »
Unfortunately, that truck was purchased from an old RR store and then fixed up so the make and model are unknow. YOu may be able to find something that works, a Rolls Royce or Model T here at Company B https://company-b-models-and-miniatures.myshopify.com/collections/interwar

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 04:22:01 PM »
You are off to a great start.
Look forward to the adventures.
Love your figures.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 12:30:03 AM »
Seems to me there is some looting planned along the way - given what is back of the pickup truck.

I think, at least in the gaming world, we call that Fun!  lol

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 06:50:29 AM »
The safety and preservation of antiquities, other none nailed down objects, nailed down objects... and their nails is not looting.

I am sure its clearly defined in all the English dictionaries or will be soon...

Its only looting when others do it.

All in all, +1 - this looks like being fun

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 07:34:09 AM »
Lovely painting, and I do enjoy a good story with characters when they are incorporated into a game.

But the killjoy in me can't help but point out that if 'Pirates of Penzance' was a recent hit, then that (gorgeous)  truck they've got is from 50 years or so in the future. Would be kinda like having a Sierra Cosworth in your WW2 games.

I know, I'll shut up.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 07:53:11 AM »
Really excellent, right up my street! Looking forward to more.   :-*   :-*