Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Rescue of Madame de Gaulle  (Read 6756 times)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Re: The Rescue of Madame de Gaulle
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2022, 01:20:30 AM »
Wow...pulled off without a hitch!  :o

I guess every once in awhile, things DO go according to plan. I guess that's why we make it plans, right? Great story and loved the photos and humor.

Mike Demana

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2022, 06:45:43 PM »
This heroine was none other than Hildr von Spanckwürst (more of her story from Vaggers) and there she was in the officer’s mess of MGB 69, calmly tossing back shots of Pusser’s rum. Snappers and Vaggers should have been angry but, as the rum took effect, they saw the funny side of it. ‘Dapper’ was very keen to get Hilde back to London and had dispatched the best men he could find, so that Hilde was not destined to languish in German captivity.

If we were the best men he could find God help SOE.  lol lol 8) 8)

I'll expand on Hildr's story in due course, once I've cured her of that nasty habit and I don't mean wearing stockings with elan.

There seems to be some confusion amongst the readers of this thread that Snappers and Vaggers are a pair of bumbling buffoons and it was amazingly lucky that we were able to execute this daring and perfectly timed rescue. All I can say is when Snappers is in charge (of reading the rules) we do incredibly well. He's my hero!

Excellent! A well planned and well executed mission. What went wrong?

This is exactly the sort of scurrilous misinformation I'm referring to.

A thrilling yarn! Great AAR, and there I was thinking the usual chaos was about to ensue at every turn. But no, a very professional job done by the time travelling special forces!

As is this!

Fantastic! ..and without the normal "hold my beer" moments. Drinks all around and I concur with Doug about Hildr!

And this.

But with these few exceptions thanks for your kind comments and a very well done to Snappers for writing the better part of the intrepid story.

Cheers

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2022, 12:19:02 AM »
I, for one, would never refer to the plethora of scandalous tales of daring-don't perpetrated by our intrepid heroes told in some of the less distinguished corners of this august forum.  I wouldn't dare do that... :)

Instead, I will shower kudos on Vaggers and Snappers for their brilliant plan and the very skilled manner in which they executed it (and several guards, I suppose I should say...).  Well done lads!  I'm sure you will receive mentions in dispatches galore and the adulation of British and French peoples everywhere! 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:07:05 PM by CapnJim »
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2022, 02:59:16 PM »
This is absolutely incredible and beautiful!!!!