Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Humpty Dumpty on a bad day...  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Humpty Dumpty on a bad day...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 08:58:11 AM »
Aye aye Cap'n - besides it isn't a mould line - its where his head rubbed against the side of the cloning vat - honest gov!
Must admit I could spend more time with shading, etc (getting to grips with it on a zoat I painted up and posted in the fantasy forum) - must learn not to rush and instead savour the weight of unpainted minis burying my desk, crying out to be painted!

Get used to that my friend, too much lead/plastic/resin never enough time. Just patiently chip away at it, addictively add to it and leave it to the kids to continue your legacy!  :D

Anyway have a go not drybrushing something dark, build up the highlights to one, two levels and then shade. You'll be pleasantly suprised.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Humpty Dumpty on a bad day...
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:09 AM »
You make a good point about drybrushing. The only thing I use it for is groundwork on bases. I'm not one of those people who scoff at it as a short cut (I like short cuts), I don't do it because it so damn difficult to get good results that way. I don't have the skill to make it look good (it always looks hellishly messy when done by me), so for me it is no short cut at all. Regular painting is much easier to my mind.

Just my thought on the matter.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:19:44 AM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...