Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rebasing/reviving New Kingdom Egyptian army progress  (Read 7110 times)

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Re: Rebasing/reviving New Kingdom Egyptian army progress
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2023, 05:39:22 AM »
I agree that the Foundry NKE are still the best around. I thought about buying an army during their Christmas sale but the cost of all those light chariots put me off. Maybe one day! Both Assyrians and NKE are now available from RedCopperMiniatures as 3d prints, and sold commercially by Blitzkrieg Models in UK.  RedCopper's own website also lists Hebrews, Sea Peoples and Hittites. As sold by Blitzkrieg the infantry are about  £1.25 each and the light chariots £18 each, so the latter are just as expensive as Foundry's metals.     

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023, 06:20:38 AM »
I agree that the Foundry NKE are still the best around. I thought about buying an army during their Christmas sale but the cost of all those light chariots put me off. Maybe one day! Both Assyrians and NKE are now available from RedCopperMiniatures as 3d prints, and sold commercially by Blitzkrieg Models in UK.  RedCopper's own website also lists Hebrews, Sea Peoples and Hittites. As sold by Blitzkrieg the infantry are about  £1.25 each and the light chariots £18 each, so the latter are just as expensive as Foundry's metals.     

I have a soft spot for Hinchcliffe & recently picked up enough infantry off e-bay for a DBA army,
but the chariots!?!?! Then I found CP Models
Not brilliant & they come without crew (you can order seperate figures from them) BUT...
£8 a throw  :-*
The crew I will use some of the spare Hinchcliffe infantry.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »
Has been, thanks for the tip-off about CP. I'm not a huge fan of their infantry but get by with their chariots/crews. As you need a lot of them for an NKE army £18 is a hell of a cost.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2023, 10:39:26 AM »
Has been, thanks for the tip-off about CP. I'm not a huge fan of their infantry but get by with their chariots/crews. As you need a lot of them for an NKE army £18 is a hell of a cost.

You are welcome. I am not s great fan of their Infantry, but as I said, £8 a chariot and
I'll be using Hinchcliffe spares for the crew.  Now to find a nice opposition army,
but most of the nice ones have chariots too!  :-[

Offline MartinD

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2023, 06:28:16 PM »
Cheers all!

Yep, chariots. They sort of stalled the project for a while. I've got 9 so far - 1 Foundry Command, 4 from Warlord and 4 from Newline. As you could probably imagine, the Newline, while serviceable, look like tanks compared to the slight, faintly graceful Warlord ones. So it was a bit of a stall as I was a bit frustrated by the stylistic difference and regretted not sticking to more compatible miniatures brands.

I've been trying to convince myself they'll look OK together in different divisions :-) 

Offline MartinD

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2023, 06:34:05 PM »
Here's the first chariot - one of the Warlord ones.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2023, 10:01:43 PM »
Looking good.  I like the chariot runners on the base too.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2023, 10:05:05 PM »
As you could probably imagine, the Newline, while serviceable, look like tanks compared to the slight, faintly graceful Warlord ones. So it was a bit of a stall as I was a bit frustrated by the stylistic difference and regretted not sticking to more compatible miniatures brands.

Could you relegate them to opposition (to the Egyptians) e.g. Hittite?

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2023, 11:01:59 PM »
That chariot looks really great.  I'm sure the Newline ones will be fine.  At least good enough to flog for a decent price on eBay if they don't match.

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2023, 04:32:44 AM »

Or Canaanite subjects/allies.

I bulked out my Canaanite-Syrians with cheap Egyptian chariots from Irregular Miniatures, with replacement crew. I figured that the smaller city states would have a bit less uniformity in manufacture than the monolithic Egyptian war machine...

Offline MartinD

• Bookworm
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2023, 06:16:26 PM »

Hmmm. A couple of local gamers have Hittite armies already, but it's an interesting proposition... I might think of using for maybe Libyan chariots.

Offline MartinD

• Bookworm
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2023, 08:41:19 PM »
Began some Medjay skirmishers, still to finish basing

Offline nikkobourges

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2023, 11:40:38 AM »
Hello,

Very Nice project and paintjob !!! I like particulary skin's shades and shields !

Just a question : What colors did you use for egyptians and ses peoples skin ?

Nikkobourges

Online bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2023, 02:03:56 PM »
Very nice-looking army!

Offline MartinD

• Bookworm
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2023, 05:08:20 PM »
Hello,

Very Nice project and paintjob !!! I like particulary skin's shades and shields !

Just a question : What colors did you use for egyptians and ses peoples skin ?

Nikkobourges

Cheers!
The recent skirmishers were an experiment with that new Army Painter Skin Tones set, the Sea People are Andrea Flesh with washes, and the Egyptians are based on the Foundry North African Triad with extra washes and shadows and highlights by Andrea