Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Just a funny RT idea I saw  (Read 838 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Just a funny RT idea I saw
« on: November 18, 2022, 10:39:14 PM »
Rogue Trader should have a crotchety old Necron grandpa on the team that cant even remember biotransference and just thinks the rogue trader crew are his old necrontyr friends and they're off to fight the old ones every time they jet off to steal shit or whatever

One of the Word Bearer books had a dreadnought like that iirc. Memory falling apart so he always thought it was mid heresy and they were off to siege Terra and none of them had the heart to tell him otherwise.

lol lol lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
Re: Just a funny RT idea I saw
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 02:36:57 AM »
When I ran regular Friday night/ Sunday afternoon tabletop role-play games I had an NPC wizard, called Blaise, who was centuries old and, while physically in good shape (all things considered) was not so good mentally. He knew spells like Talk To Wall ... but could never remember the bit that let them talk to him. He knew Earthwalk which allowed him to walk on solid ground as if it were, well, solid ground. A tendency to misremember exact wording of spells lead to more than one sentry who was supposed to slump into a snoring, woolly-headed stupor running around baah-ing and bleating and actually woolly!

In the heat of battle, however, he became very sharp. Whenever the party were in deep trouble through no real fault of their own he would bumble in, exclaim things like,"Oh! I say! This is jolly exciting!" before blasting fireballs or lightning bolts at the enemy while healing party members and even dragging the apparently dead back from Death's door.

While the party recovered he would offer to organise food or healing supplies or firewood or whatever. Once the party were out of sight and things were calm, he'd forget all about them and wander off.

If I ever get my tabletop sci-fi campaign back up and running he will be back as a sanctioned psyker of The Imperium Of The Sentient Mind. A useful and, if my old players are to be believed, amusing Deus Ex Machina.

I think your Necron sounds every bit as good an idea. Go for it.

There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 10:17:20 AM »
I like the sound of both of them very much and please don't be offended if i steal 'erm homage both of those ideas for my solo play ;) and as I am getting nearer to that end of the age spectrum it appeals even more  lol

Proper old school vibe to both of them, I like it a lot :D
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 11:47:17 AM »
Storm Wolf, it's not theft if I give it to you.  lol

Offline Grimtuff

• Student
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 02:00:26 PM »
That Necron described there is Nemesor Zahndrekh, who is just gone in the mind and has no idea he's a Necron. He also has Vargard Obyron, who is there to just smile and nod and be like "Yes m'lord" when attending to his master's delusions.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 02:52:10 PM »
I ran a Star Wars RPG for some buddies a few years back, just a lengthy one-shot for a day when some old friends were in town.

They were the crew of a large YT style transport and it was "captained" by an insane Ewok.  He was so much trouble that the crew had installed "fake" radios and controls at Ewok height but all the real stuff was duplicated up above beyond his reach.  He would be screaming and making threats on what he thought was the radio while the rest of the crew stood around and rolled their eyes.

He was only the captain because somehow he stumbled into ownership of the small freighter.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 08:12:17 PM »
Storm Wolf, it's not theft if I give it to you.  lol

Why thank you kind Sir!  :D