Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690528
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Drug bust at the airstrip  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
Drug bust at the airstrip
« on: November 21, 2022, 05:51:07 PM »
We fancied another cartel game so this time we did a joint DEA - Federales bust on on an exchange at a temporary airstrip just over the border.
The sicario crews were the, Los Santos Vagos and the San Fierro Rifa, both consisting of a jefe and 9 soldados.
The law were also in two teams, comprising four troopers and three DEA agents a piece.
The sicarios were pre deployed, one crew swapping out cocoa for gold and the other guarding the vehicle park. There were two sentries up high whose LOS was randomised each turn.
The law diced for where they came on, three choices were available and both teams couldn't come on from the same start point.
The rules were Spectre V2

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
Re: Drug bust at the airstrip
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 06:03:33 PM »
Early moves saw the law approach cautiously, one from the ruined train of a previous era and one from a crashed helicopter. The sicarios went about their business and the lookouts didn't see anything......
Of course good fortune didn't last long and the marksman up on the wind tower spotted the one group and shouted out a warning. Realising there would be no time for "come quietly you ruffians"  lol The federales started shooting.
In the opening exchange Sgt Rodriguez put a couple of slugs into Ramon Perdoza but was himself shot down by Don Edalio, the marksman.
This got the sicarios very excited and both groups of soldados headed in the direction of the firing.
Both jefe's were a bit more circumspect, Guzman headed toward his SUV with a couple of guards and Calderon headed to the plane with the pilot.

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »
More lead started to fly.
Officer Quintero was next to go down, again from Eladio, but the volume of return fire did suppress the marksman for a while.
As the sicarios closed in the general volume of fire increased but they were on the losing end and both Diaz and Fuentes bit the dust.
Over by the barn the undetected law team made a dash for the heroin truck (still unseen by the other lookout El Gato  lol ) but as they broke cover they ran into Manuel Guerro wielding twin MP7's and Paco Hermosa. In the quite savage gunfight both the sicarios were killed but not before they had put down officers Ayala, Obregon and Castro. The DEA agents were miraculously unscathed  ;)

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 06:37:30 PM »
Both law teams now had a problem, both were suppressed and one pinned down so 'getting their shit together' was now the order of the day.
The sicarios however had no real idea of how bad things were, just that the storm of bullets had slowed down. However Calderon was taxiing down the airstrip so his crew knew it was time to go and started backing off exchanging shots as they faded into the desert. Guzman was a bit more clever and ordered his crew to follow him with the technicals that were loaded with the gold.

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »
As Calderon flew off and Guzman roared away into the desert agents Macer and Calabrese mused on how they would write this one up.
Five federales were dead for an exchange of seven sicarios, mainly from the Los Santos crew, and yes they had hauled in a sizeable cocaine stash but not a scratch on a single DEA agent was going to be a difficult one to pitch  :-I

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 09:37:07 PM »
Not a great day for Law & Order.  :D

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 11:04:29 PM »
Nice airplane Mr Westbury where did you get it?
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 11:37:02 PM »
I was going to ask the same question as James.
Where did you get the aircraft Ian.
Game looks fun.
Flatpack

Offline mikos khan

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 02:50:50 AM »
This reminds me of an episode of the "A Team"!  Well done. 

Offline Redshank

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 05:27:07 AM »
Looks like a fun game!

I don't know the Spectre rules - could the cops have shot up the plane or trucks?

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 06:29:28 AM »
I don't know the Spectre rules - could the cops have shot up the plane or trucks?

What! Damage private property? ???? lol lol lol

Another request for the origin of the (twin engine) plane.
I know all about the small single engine one.  :D

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »
The plane was a kit that Dave bought me one Christmas as a reward for putting on endless games - I still am!  lol
It eventually got built and then i threw away the box and instructions  :( However I still have the decals sheet which says it's a Czech Model 1/48 scale Aeromaster Kit CM4819. If memory serves it was a civilian plane that also saw military service.

And to the person who asked about shooting planes, yes they could but they were too busy exchanging shots with the bad guys.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 09:31:01 PM »
A fun looking game - thanks for sharing the AAR

:)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 04:32:27 AM »
Nice game and it put me in mind (maybe because I just rewatched it, literally) of the drugs being smuggled in the coffins of American servicemen at the end of the Vietnam War in American Gangster (Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe).

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 05:27:16 PM »
Nice reference Fifteens and a good film, although I suspect my back brain was referencing Miami Vice  lol