Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:58:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Late Roman Unarmoured Infantry finally released  (Read 5327 times)

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
Re: Victrix Late Roman Unarmoured Infantry finally released
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 07:29:53 AM »
I'm curious to know how they kitbash w WA Late Romans?    Got  both kits in the mail so if no one else can  put up some photos I'll do so later.   

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2022, 08:42:20 AM »
Still waiting for my order to turn up but looking at the sprue images online I too would have liked to see more angons. In terms of the extra heads, I thinking they will be useful as options for the other kits like the armoured infantry and cavalry.

Steve

Offline tabletopwargamer

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2022, 11:36:34 AM »
Got mine yesterday.  They are incredible.

Offline WorkShy

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2022, 10:49:04 PM »
First unit almost completed. I'm speedpainting with Citadel White Scar Primer followed by single coat of contrast paints and a quick drybrush of metallic. I've got another 48 to do, followed by 72 archers and 96 armoured infantry when Victrix release these, so no time to waste :'(

Going forward, I'll do all the heads and any cloaks separately. The wrap-around cloaks, in particular, are a bit awkward since you can still see what's behind them.

I'm going to mix in some Footsore with the Victrix on my last unit of 24 unarmoured so that I can transfer a few of the armoured command over to my units based on Footsore and Aventine minis. I think they will mix fine.

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 07:45:03 AM »

Offline WorkShy

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 11:33:06 AM »
Late Roman Archers and Slingers also now available. Look very nice. Six body options is good on each sprue and plenty of bow arms to choose from. Nothing much else though. No spears/swords etc to convert to light infantry. No scabbards to give the impression the minis have a sidearm and only 3 axes on each sprue. Seems a bit poor value at £34 vs. the 8 sprues you get on the unarmoured infantry for the same price.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2022, 07:50:03 AM »
Late Roman Archers and Slingers also now available. Look very nice. Six body options is good on each sprue and plenty of bow arms to choose from. Nothing much else though. No spears/swords etc to convert to light infantry. No scabbards to give the impression the minis have a sidearm and only 3 axes on each sprue. Seems a bit poor value at £34 vs. the 8 sprues you get on the unarmoured infantry for the same price.

Seen them this week, they look fabulous and have Pannonian hats so should be able to get a few more conversions from them. I will pick up a pack just for the staff slingers and adding bits to the wargames Atlantic kits to bash late 4th early 5th late Roman’s, warlord and goths.

Cheers
Matt

Offline rha.celt

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2022, 10:56:40 PM »
I now have booth of the late roman sets and find the bodies mix well with the other parts. It gives you allot of options and can really make your command one of a kind.