Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690828
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: NUTS Campaign books and expansions KS for January  (Read 653 times)

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
NUTS Campaign books and expansions KS for January
« on: November 09, 2022, 07:07:18 PM »
Greetings!

I've been writing wargames and wargame supplements for 20 years, and have been a lead writer and editor for Two Hour Wargames for the last 10 years across multiple genres, and have written extensively for the NUTS system.

And now I have the chance to lead a NUTS KS campaign!

Why NUTS? Based off Origins Awards winning rules, it's more dynamic and flexible than other systems that use IGOUGO or random activation. And that's what grabbed me -- your figures always react to things, even if it's not the reaction you'd like. The system plays like you're in a movie like Kelly's Heroes or Battleground, and includes not only combat missions but non-standard challenges -- like getting supplies to reduce the effects of Privation or interacting with Civilians. Oh, and no victory points - scenarios are designed around "Mission Wins." The rules are designed for Solo play, but are also great for same-side Co-Op games and competitive head-to-head games.

Anyways, here's a sample of one of the upcoming KS books -- it will include x4 Campaign books, an updated tank combat & campaign book, a new Weird War book, maps and a NUTS Mission deck.

From time to time I'll post updates here, and I'm happy to answer questions. Thanks for looking!

https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/nuts-kickstarter-showcase-nuts-eastern-front/
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
Re: NUTS Campaign books and expansions KS for January
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 05:25:39 PM »
More progress, waiting for Kickstarter to approve the campaign. One a separate discussion someone asked why this campaign?

It started off as one campaign book idea, but then I read about the British 5th Infantry Division -- called the "Globe Trotters" because they fought the Axis in 1940 as part of the BEF, was reconstituted and then saw service in North Africa, India, the Liberation of Madagascar, the Sicily Campaign and then Anzio, and finally finished the War as part of Second Army's push into Germany in March-April 1945.

Wow! How come my wargames don't reflect that? Given that NUTS is a squad-to-platoon level game, why not add that element? Ed at THW said, sure, go for it, and that led to the creation of the "Your War!" Campaign system that links your Missions into a Campaign, and those Campaigns into other Campaigns that could even see your unit transferred to another Theatre of the War.

So this has been in process for several years now, leading to four Campaign books -- Western Front, Eastern Front, Desert War (which also includes the East Africa Campaign and how to conduct an LRDG campaign) and War Against Japan (which includes a lot of campaigns and scenarios for Burma and the PNG campaigns); a tank commander focused book, and a comprehensive Weird War book..oh, and x12 new battlemaps and a new NUTS Mission Deck. Whew!

Here's a blog post on the Desert War book: https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/2022/09/23/nuts-kickstart-campaign-showcase-nuts-desert-war/

Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble -- hoping to get this out the door in January!